When will this game get it's own identity and stop falling on clichés?

Miffy

Everything about the game is like a call back to something Star Wars that you liked in the past. There is nothing new or original in the game and it's almost like they said "we want each class to be exactly like a famous character in Star Wars" lol. Like no them characters were unique and existed in the universe, can't we have any newer characters? HK47 was great and all in KOTOR but we don't need a new rip off of him. Do we need a new Han Solo like character who is even worse because now he wears a cowboy hat which to make him into that Clint Eastwood rebel type?

Why don't we have all Sith with Red/purple lightsabers and they all use lightning and force choke. Then we'll have all the Jedi using Blue/Green lightsabers that throw rocks because lightning is too evil. You know everything is so black and white it's quite pathetic, life isn't like that lol. I thought the original movies were only like this because so movie goers would understand right away who the bad guys are and who the good guys are. It could have just been in that one story to why all these characters are like the way they are. Then Lucas had to **** it all up by making it the cliche thing of this is how Star Wars is with the new movies....... like NO! Now this has become the standard and it is such a shame.

Let be honest Bioware doesn't create good original stories, they make rip offs of everything else and usually follow that Bioware story cliche.

Portal 2 was good story telling, this isn't.

They did say the character you will be like the storys in the movies... This was said at multiple times SW story is very similar to Vader, they stated that many times and so on with the rest of the classes. Go look at the videos. This shouldn't be a suprize to you. Although I do agree they should have spiced it up. But then again they can't blow planets up, make you a lead role or else it wouldn't work as an MMO. I think you want single player story lines...

The rage is strong with this one...

If they were too original about it, people would then be complaining that "this isn't Star Wars! This is a stupid rip-off, stereotypical Sci-Fi game that uses the Star Wars label to attract people, then proceed to do another thing entirely!"

Why do Sith use Red and Purple? Because aesthetically, that's what people have them do. You don't have to be a Sith to use red, you could be a grey/dark Jedi and still use a red lightsaber. You do not have to be a Sith to use blue and green, you could be a grey/light side Sith to use a blue lightsabers.

I will admit that there are classes like the Smuggler that try to play SW/Han Solo references too much, but for the most part, I find it recognizably Star Wars, while still a pretty good, separate story. That said, you probably want them to make their own universe, which would have been far harder for a company like Bioware to market.