Annihilation Marauders -> gear

jersyiii

OK, so i had a lot of discussion with other ppl in my guild and i want to know the ppl who knows best, other marauders :)

say i'm in full columni gear.

the standard gear has a lots of power mods and enhancements on it

now my question is, for annihilation marauders who relies on their bleeds, is it a good thing to change that power with crit and surge stuff?

(espesically since they are nerfing surge)

whats the best stuff for annihilation, power or surge?

There is kind of a balance to gear, most people recommend 85% surge currently (tho it's viable to change based not only on the surge nerf but also a recently passed +30% critical damage on bleeds fix). Critical bleeds of course with annihilation gives self-heals and so some critical also helps tho power then boosts the base damage... it's more about finding the right balance then just going for 1 thing over another.

Nonumbers pretty much has it:

30% crit, 80%/85% surge, rest power. Mod to get this and you are laughing. I am not so sure as to the effectiveness of accuracy, i have 102% which people constantly tell me is too low, but then in all my gear i'd be nowhere near where i want to be for crit/surge and the misses i get, aren't huge deal breakers. Most of my DPS is bleed and annihilate, i dont really care what happens in the mean time.

at this point i changed all the power stuff in my armor

(and prolly gimping myself a bit, since some mods and enchancements have lower endurance and strength)

atm i have (with only marauder buff) 30.89% crit, 89.47% surge and 17180 hp

but as said i changed all the power mods (wich were lvl 56) with crit/surge mods (wich were lvl 52 mods)

power is used for force stuff like scream and choke am i right?

Power is used for ALL damage and healing abilities, as we don't have an applicable healing abilities then the only things we care about is that affects ALL of our attacks, including physical. Force power on the other hand is force only which is a separate stat generally only found on lightsabers (since physical attacks also get damage bonuses from light sabers). Edited by nonumbers