Stat priority

tomchew

Wondering what stats to focus on as we are starting to get into raiding, I'm guessing crit>surge but there's barley any gear with that on as a dps merc. So is it better to take off the 56 mods and get crit/surge ones crafted? Also at what point would i stop stacking crit/surge.

What I have heard is to prioritize in this order:

1) crit till you hit 30-35% crit rate

2)Surge till you hit 80-85% crit damage modifier

3)Accuracy till 108% (specially if raiding) not so important if you are a pvper

4) Focus the rest on Aim/power

5) then I guess Endurance but that will come with better gear

6) finally avoid alacrity unless you are a healer it will just mess up your rotation.

It has been a while since I have looked to see if any of this has changed so it might be outdated.

should add this is for a merc dont know what pt need

Edited by Faloma

I've been focusing first on power, it increases ranged and tech damage as well as healing at a high ratio so a little bit can be a big help. When I didn't have power mods I used crit and surge. But, I'd rather have sustained higer damage than just a better chance to get a few more slightly stronger crits every minute. Look for "rage" enhancers for your gear.:rod_wink_g:

that fine if power is the way you want to go but depending on your spec crit will give you more sustainable damage then power... It is all about the heat reduction on crits. That comes out to like a free tracer missile a rotation. My damage is limited by heat not how much I can hit for. coarse with no damage meters it is are to say exactly how much it helps but...

If I can cast an extra Tm every rotation It doesn't matter if your none crits hit more I am gonna out damage you.

Edited by Faloma

The thing with power is you can't stack it in every slot, so the rest are still going to be primarily aim, the thing is that power adds a ton more to damage than aim, so if you use all power and aim where you can't put power you can still be rolling at 20-25% crit and a lot more base damage. It's all preference in the end, I've never liked stacking for high crit chance and then going against a class that can evade half my crits, imo if your base damage is high and you miss a couple crits you're still still doing more reliable damage.