Pinning Fire?

Voxx_Voltaare

First, sorry if this has already been discussed at length before.

Seems to me like this skill is almost completely useless and a waste of 2 skill points.

I'm still only a level 40. I mistakenly put some points into this on the way up to Heatseakers. I just haven't seen its usefulness at all. I'll definitely be dropping it when I next respec.

100% to slow the targets' movement by 50% for 2 seconds? Really, what good is that? There are two types of enemies in TOR, ranged and melee. If you are fighting a ranged NPC, there is no benefit to PF as they don't move anyway. If you are fighting melee, then chances are they are right on you so it doesn't do any good to slow them down. Even if you use Rocket Punch or Jet Boost, they are almost always back on you before you can get off an Unload to have any affect. Thirdly, Arsenal Mercs(and who would have PF if they weren't Arsenal) is a pretty stationary class, so in general, kiting is not a standard tactic.

One may make the argument for PvP but the off chance that slowing someone down by half for 2 lousy seconds is going to make any difference at all is a stretch at best.

Just not sure what the thinking/intention was for this skill and I think that there could be a lot more useful things in its place.

are you serious or just trolling?

assuming you are serious, mercs have almost the worst mobility in the game (snipers win) so anything we can do to slow down the enemy is awesomely amazing. pinning fire has saved my *** enough times and also gotten me some kills i wouldnt normally get. idk why you would want to dump utility from a class that is already lacking of it

1. its 2 seconds every time you hit, so thats 5 seconds of slow since you hit every second for 3 seconds.

2. it is a pvp ability to help slow people down for your team to catch up to them, or to slow the ball carrier while they get burned in the fire.

3. in pve it still has its uses if you know how to knock your opponents away. or use it in the right way. also since it places a debuff you can use rail shot right afterwards giving you a quick kill instead of having to wait for tracer missile to be shot.

just cause you dont know how to use a talent doesnt make it useless

I love pinning fire. Keeps those huttball runners in range so I can gank them with heatseeker before they try to sprint away. And if talented right you get cooldown resets on the skill quite often.

It's a 2 second snare per shot. So with 100% chance you gets 6 seconds of snare for a 3 second channeled. That enough time to add two more attacks before they break snare.

However, given the semi-immobile nature of the class I'd rather a talent that let us get that snare proc on rapid shots so we could snare on the run to gain distance. Then we could snare on the move (still 3 hits, still 6 seconds), but I guess the babies would cry "OP".

I'm still waiting on my jetpack escape ability so I can get away from melee more than once every 20 seconds.

Edited by Pwny_Express