The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT DoTs and Cleanse

hexile

I've been hunting around the BH and trooper forums and haven't seen much info on this. Can PT DoTs be cleansed? If so, does it matter much? With Bursting Flame, it seems like keeping a target burning shouldn't be hard but I have no experience with this and in general, DoT specs seem particularly vulnerable in PvP, at least when you have people paying attention.

Yes they can be cleansed, for the most part it doesn't matter as they are applied as a side effect from your standard direct damage moves.

Its more of an issue for hybrid ST/pyro PTs who are a little more reliant on IMs dot for energy return, but it doesn't break anything, just lose a slight bit of damage and heat return.

Edited by ducksmyth

I've been hunting around the BH and trooper forums and haven't seen much info on this. Can PT DoTs be cleansed? If so, does it matter much? With Bursting Flame, it seems like keeping a target burning shouldn't be hard but I have no experience with this and in general, DoT specs seem particularly vulnerable in PvP, at least when you have people paying attention.

Yes they can. Its not really that big of a deal though as they can't really cleanse it faster than we can apply it.

Shadows/Assassins though (possibly more), have an ability that cleanses all dots, and makes them immune to dots for a short period of time. This IS a huge counter to PT's, and the soul reason I find Shadow's and Assassins to be the only direct counter to PT's.

I use my Offensive CD's and they either vanish or use their dot eraser, and stop perhaps 80% of my damage, as the PT cannot apply their two dots, have no chance to use railgun (requires a dot), and cannnot get free procs on rail gun, hence making us overheat in a very short span.

Edited by Humankeg