Mobile Security Key Removal?

Pudoo

Like the title suggests, is there a way to remove the mobile version of the security key from my account? I didn't see an option for removal anywhere in account settings.

My reasons are:

1. Only thing worth a crap on the security vendor is the fleet pass and this is the ONLY reason I got the free iPhone app.

2. Its basically just a pain in the butt. Especially when my phone is in the other room on charger.

3. Having played the game since launch, I really dont give a crap (like I thought I might) if someone hacks my account.

Anyone?

Well this seems typical....

Called "Customer Service"

Was on hold in queue after navigating their automated menu for a couple minutes....

Finally get what I thought was a real person asking for my email address.

Tried to reply and it asked for my email address.... again.

Tried to reply and it cut me off mid reply saying it couldnt understand me and to call back again.

Then it hung up on me....

Stellar job Bioware! But I expect as much judging by the overall quality of the game at this point.

Well this seems typical....

Called "Customer Service"

Was on hold in queue after navigating their automated menu for a couple minutes....

Finally get what I thought was a real person asking for my email address.

Tried to reply and it asked for my email address.... again.

Tried to reply and it cut me off mid reply saying it couldnt understand me and to call back again.

Then it hung up on me....

Stellar job Bioware! But I expect as much judging by the overall quality of the game at this point.

*shrug*

I called them yesterday and go to a live person within a minute, and had my key removed in a matter of a few seconds...

I called CS a few weeks ago to reset my password.

Was on hold for about 20 minutes, got a person. That person wasn't 100% confident in their abilities, was continually putting me on hold while he asked his supervisor.

Was not american, but was nice, and I could tell he was trying.

So I give the Customer Service.... a B-

I was able to do it in about 20 minutes by calling support. Be warned though, once you remove the mobile key, you cannot activate another mobile key on your account. You will need to switch to a physical key or go without one. Edited by Knewt

I was able to do it in about 20 minutes by calling support. Be warned though, once you remove the mobile key, you cannot activate another mobile key on your account. You will need to switch to a physical key or go without one.

No problem going without one from here on...

I was able to do it in about 20 minutes by calling support. Be warned though, once you remove the mobile key, you cannot activate another mobile key on your account. You will need to switch to a physical key or go without one.

Wait

So what you're saying is that if I upgrade my phone, I either have to have the mobile key removed and go without one or keep my old phone around just to log into the game?