[Bug] Friendly Targeted Abilities Only Affect PC

Vindicer

Information:

Level: 50

Advanced Class: Mercenary

Talent Spec: Bodyguard

Description:

At certain points in time, targeted Abilities such as Rapid Scan and Healing Scan, as well as Kolto Shell and Emergency Scan will always be cast on the Player Character; regardless of the current target's affiliation and response to the Player Character (Friendly, Neutral, Hostile).

The length of this bug once it appears is unknown, as there appears to be no reliable work-around or solution.

Steps To Reproduce:

Unknown.

The bug appears randomly and sporadically; usually only once or twice a day. However it has occurred up to four times in a single flashpoint.

Work-around:

Rapid Shots and Kolto Missile are both still effective at healing targets other than the Player Character when influenced by this bug; however they are a far cry from ideal in high damage scenarios.

Solutions:

The only reliable solution is to re-log by returning to the character selection screen and logging back in.

A friend who has experienced this issue in the past has said that changing his weapon's cylinders almost always fixes the bug for him. However, this is not the case for me.

Discussion:

Has anyone else experienced a similar or identical issue?

Suddenly having my heals become un-usable on other targets is more than a little unsettling and has thus far accounted for a handful of player deaths. After the bug occurred four times within a single flashpoint, was I prompted to create this forum post.

Any feedback on possible fixes that can be employed without re-logging would be appreciated if they exist; as returning to the login screen is hardly feasibly in most combat scenarios.

Any feedback and information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Vin-

Edited by Vindicer

I have noticed this as well, but i never considered it a bug. I think it may arise from the following situation, but i am not that sure. Like you said, it is hard to reproduce.

You are healing a nearby player with a casted spell. You target another player and que up another heal. Before the first heal lands, the second player has moved out of your LOS/range, making them unhealable. The first heal lands on the first target, and the second Queued heal now is initiated. Except, the target cannot be healed, so the game assigns you as the new target

I do know that if you target an enemy, you will heal yourself by default, but that is reproduce able, and not a bug- rather something we use and rely on.

There are goofy things that happen like you have described. The problem is that many of them are caused by me. I use keybinds and sometimes the chat window opens and all the commands go there. Sometimes the Operations frame is in the way of where I tried to drop my Kolto Missile, etc. There are sometimes things get goofy like the person above described. Somtimees I get not in range or not visible when they are like 2 feet in front of me. Sometimes entirely other weird stuff happens like I am stuck in autorun and hitting numlock does not turn it off. Sometimes I know what I did, sometimes I have no idea why things went goofy. I have been assuming it was me. Maybe it wasn't. There are definitely times that I feel "locked out" of my spells for no discernible reason.