What's wrong w/ PVP?

Scav

I'm sure there are tons of topics out there like this one (/drink) but what's wrong w/ PVP in this game?

I reached lvl 41 and all I see, so far, are 3 war zones and I mostly play hut ball against other empirical forces.

Either that, I'm doing questing and I'm ganged by two 50s and I'm slathered or I find other poor soles trying to quest and I naturally shot 'em down (w/ out receiving merc comp for that matter).

Maybe is just me.

What happened about this being a huge game?

Edited by Scav

Well actually for me PvP was about the only bright spot in the game after hitting 50 as it was about the only thing I could do. Making a game where it's almost impossible to get a group for any of the 50 group contents is a really poor idea.

I love the pvp myself. I leveled one of my 3 toons exclusively using pvp and class quests. He just dinged 50 today, did my weekly (win 9 warzones) within 4 hours of dinging 50. My guess is that people are used to the wow pvp where fights last 2-4 seconds and its a gankfest. In swtor you have to actually be part of pvp, probably gets too much to handle for some people.

I love the pvp myself. I leveled one of my 3 toons exclusively using pvp and class quests. He just dinged 50 today, did my weekly (win 9 warzones) within 4 hours of dinging 50. My guess is that people are used to the wow pvp where fights last 2-4 seconds and its a gankfest. In swtor you have to actually be part of pvp, probably gets too much to handle for some people.

Were you able to type that out without throwing up or crapping yourself? I mean, the ******** has to go SOMEwhere.

Illum is broken. Broken beyond repair. Every fix borks it even more, and nothing they crap out in march is likely going to fix that. Warzones? Yeah, those might be fun...if you roll Empire, and know alot of Sorcs, and don't have to play Huttball with a ranged class.

It's not so much WoW style PvP that has people pampered and angry at SWTOR's sorry excuse, but the fact that most of us have played FUN PvP that ruins it.

But then again, as everyone LOVES to point out, this was a game built on STORY and not PvP. Hope ya'll don't get too angry when the expansions start rolling out without voices because Bioware can't afford them, and doesn't have the time to record them for fear of hemorrhaging the last of their subs.

Were you able to type that out without throwing up or crapping yourself? I mean, the ******** has to go SOMEwhere.

Illum is broken. Broken beyond repair. Every fix borks it even more, and nothing they crap out in march is likely going to fix that. Warzones? Yeah, those might be fun...if you roll Empire, and know alot of Sorcs, and don't have to play Huttball with a ranged class.

It's not so much WoW style PvP that has people pampered and angry at SWTOR's sorry excuse, but the fact that most of us have played FUN PvP that ruins it.

But then again, as everyone LOVES to point out, this was a game built on STORY and not PvP. Hope ya'll don't get too angry when the expansions start rolling out without voices because Bioware can't afford them, and doesn't have the time to record them for fear of hemorrhaging the last of their subs.

Please switch to empire, you make all reps look bad. Win some, lose some, that's how it is. So much for empire outnumbering republic 5:1 was it everyone was saying? Something outrageous like that. The other day I played 3 straight matches rep vs rep.

Please switch to empire, you make all reps look bad. Win some, lose some, that's how it is. So much for empire outnumbering republic 5:1 was it everyone was saying? Something outrageous like that. The other day I played 3 straight matches rep vs rep.

Must be awesome to be you. Great job!

I haven't reached end game yet. Still a ways to go. It has been disappointing though seeing how poorly implemented PvP has been during this climb.

I've yet to encounter anyone on the other side in my travels. I think the blame is tied to broken faction balance, zones too big and spaced out, the way the game handles sharding and server pops capped too low.

There are warzones (thankfully) but they are getting numb. Huttball 8 out of 10 matches gets stale. I'm trying to scratch my pvp itch but I'm not allowed in SWTOR. Not yet anyways.

Again, I can't comment on end game PvP, but SWTOR's pre-50 pvp game isn't fun in its current state.

Edited by nanogasm