Back Tanking lol

Kelranox

So, I was discussing with my friend my choice for BH class advancement. I stated that I wanted a Mercenary because that way I wouldn't have to tank, I could just sit back and deal damage while healing. He then went on to say that you can tank from the back, which caused me to facepalm. I'm unsure if he realizes that the back is the absolute back...as in behind everyone and for some reason he thinks tanking means dealing damage while kiting the entire fight. After about an hour of trying to convince him of just how wrong he was, I decided to shed light on the situation here and turn it into a fun post.

So, has anyone here had any funny situations come out of a dispute in an MMO? Maybe your friend misunderstood a simple concept and was too proud to admit it or they nerd raged in Vent about *insert topic*?

I played a Trooper Vanguard in beta for a while and you could definitely tank from behind everyone else. A lot (even a majority) of your mobs are going to be ranged, so you don't have to be right on them to tank them. You just have to get their aggro, and it doesn't matter where you stand to do that.

So, I was discussing with my friend my choice for BH class advancement. I stated that I wanted a Mercenary because that way I wouldn't have to tank, I could just sit back and deal damage while healing. He then went on to say that you can tank from the back, which caused me to facepalm. I'm unsure if he realizes that the back is the absolute back...as in behind everyone and for some reason he thinks tanking means dealing damage while kiting the entire fight. After about an hour of trying to convince him of just how wrong he was, I decided to shed light on the situation here and turn it into a fun post.

So, has anyone here had any funny situations come out of a dispute in an MMO? Maybe your friend misunderstood a simple concept and was too proud to admit it or they nerd raged in Vent about *insert topic*?

So you came here to get flamed? I'm confused.