So....really??

Astron_

So I unsubbed a couple of weeks back because of the state the game was in. Crashing client, bad framerates, bugs left and right and the fact that this sad excuse for a game is a complete WoW-Rift-whatever clone with lightsabers in a more dented package wrapped in VO-classtories-shiny-paper.

However, I love Star Wars and wanted to give it another shot after the last patch since all the fanboys said the ability-lag was gone and it played much smoother....you know the drill. And I really want to finish my class-story. I paid 60$ for this product, and since I don't play much I even have to pay more just to finish my main story. Kinda sad when you think about it, isn't it? It makes those "you shouldn't rush!!1"-fanboy posts even more pathetic.

Anyway, so I gave in, reinstalled the client, yadayada, and logged in on my 44 Juggernaut.

Started playing and yes, it seemed a bit smoother now. Started fighting and saw the new ability-cooldown-thingy. It's still total **** for warrior-class style of play. The original one worked, why change a winning team, Bioware? Ah well...I guess they'll make it proper some time in the future....

Started on the Hoth bonus-series, killed a few troopers to collect some crap (oooh, how new and original this is!) and after the 8th or 9th trooper, I started yawning at how bored I suddenly got. Sweet jesus, what am I doing?? What is this??

200 million U.S. dollars and THIS is what hey came up with? I just can't believe it. It's mindboggling.

Static worlds with NOTHING happening in them. Just some snowparticles falling and thats it on Hoth. Everything else is like...dead. No ambience, nothing....

Well, these things have been brought up so many times so I'm not gonna rant on about those. So I logged of and exited the swtor-application and...BAM! My computer froze up. Had to hard-reboot.

This rig never freeze up....EVER! No games, no applications have EVER made this computer even fart or sweat. But SW:ToR....now this piece of coding is something else, isn't it?

Yesyes, you can have my stuff, yadayada. Enjoy your time in this game, I hope they'll make it better. However it can never be awesome. The foundations ain't strong enough.

It's sad. Thats what it is. I just feel sad because I had high hopes that Bioware had the resources and brains to make something great. And they just crammed out this poor clone with a voiceover-gimmick and some cool class-stories.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

We ask that topics posted in Star Wars General Discussion stay focused on the Star Wars™ franchise outside of The Old Republic™. Since this thread is off-topic, we're going to close it. If you wish to discuss Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, please use the General Discussion forum.

We know that the recent changes to the Ability Bar and global cooldown are a hot topic right now. Stephen Reid recently post about the proposed changes in a future patch. For the time being, we ask that any discussion or feedback regarding these changes take place in this previously created thread: New Ability Cooldown Effect.

Thank you for understanding!