Merc VS Sniper: AoE

TiempoLibre

Mercs get most of their aoe abilities in early game and they don't need to spec for aoe dps, unlike snipers who get their heaviest aoe around late game, closer to lvl50. On the other hand, specializing in aoe tree grants snipers better survivability and sustained aoe damage, but with a single target damage trade off.

So in short:

Merc: viable aoe since lvl10(hello DFA) with powerful single target damage(tracer missile priority system)

Sniper: poor aoe damage until lvl30(that's when sniper gains ability to refresh their recharge and shield skills every 20sec) at the expense of single target damage. Starts to shine after getting Orbital Strike ability.

After 20 or so levels I can tell this game uses groups most of the world mobs in packs. Do Snipers or Mercs burn packs down faster?

How about level 1-49 and then at 50?

Thanks!

pve sniper wins at end game, long windup big damage

pvp sniper aoe is to slow and obvious

as far as damage goes, talking with my sniper guildie looks like each tic of his is about 20% more than DFA but then again takes longer to get out there so DPS may be a wash

As a Merc, when faced with the common 1 normal and 1 strong vs a pack of normal, you will choose the pack. You will Target them with Death From above and literally giggle as they all die or come close to it. Best ability in the game IMO. Although I do love ending someone with Rocket Punch too, hmmm... Edited by TempestasSilva