The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro/Proto Hybrid

Auhfel

(EDIT: This is a PvP designed build)

I'd like your insight to this build.

0/24/17

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsMrRMfkZbIbbdb.1

My primary goal for this build is to maximize on the High Energy cylinder's internal/elemental damage damage boost, while making it a point to use flame burst, rocket punch, and retractabe blade for their procs, while also still having good mobility and interrupts.

My ideal rotation would probably start by using incendiary missile followed by a rail shot, then grapple if not close enough to melee, and follow into:

Rocket Punch

Retractable Blade (Maybe repeated, if the rail shot crit doesn't proc on either punch or blade)

then:

Flame Burst x 5 (which should net a free rail shot proc, after 5 bursts and a punch)

Rail Shot (hopefully auto-crit procced)

Electro Dart (to set up for Shoulder Slam and Flame Thrower)

Shoulder Slam

Flame Thrower (increased by 50% due to flame burst use)

All of this, while having good heat management due to HEC talent and Rail Shot vents (and knockdown/snare vents) high mobility (15% from HEC, Hydraulic Overrides) Good Interrupts (4 sec interrupt on 6 sec CD). I feel this would be a quite balanced and versatile class.. thoughts?

NOTE: I decided to have prototype flamethrower at 100% and prototype particle accelerator at 20% proc from flameburst instead of 50% and 30% because ideally, you need to use flame burst 5 times to get the full flamethrower bonus which should net a rail shot proc.)

Edited by Auhfel

Can't use shoulder slam in PVP. And it's never going to be as potent as pure Pyro. An interrupt on a healer is not nearly as effective as making him poop himself when you TD/FB/RS him for 3/4 of his life.

Explains why I never got it to work last night lol.

Hrmm. Well, Electro Dart would still be fairly necessary to get your full flamethrower damage off, lest the target just move outside of it. A pure pyro would probably still do more damage, but you can't neglect the usefullness of Hydraulic Overrides and extra movement speed for things such as Huttball.

Edited by Auhfel