cool audio books

Mongrul

they released these books (i listen to the audio book) late last year and I am halfway through the first one and it has tons of references to this game. they talk about dromund kaas history and the sith emperor origins very interesting stuff. it also follows around a lord scourge and tells his tales i believe he is a jedi knight companion. the audio is cool cause the reader does a lot of different voices and sound effects droid noises explosions etc. pretty cool any way here is what they're called

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived

Red Harvest

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance

Star Wars: Darth Plagueis

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_Audio_Books

i hope you listen and i hope you enjoy

Edited by Mongrul

Book is great, but audiobook got some serious flaws that made me switch it off the moment I heard it - the most serious/annoying one being voice of female characters. Why are all females voiced by males? -,- I mean, just listen to Meetra/Bastila/Captain Yari speaking, they all sound like some kind of transvestites... No joking here. This ruined the whole audiobook experience for me when I was listing to it after reading the book itself. Other than that, not bad, there are some cool effects in there and music fits well.

• 2 months later...

I have heard Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance and Red Harvest.

I think they are awesome! I was a bit disappointed of Red Harvest because I think I was expecting something else, but when I put that aside I enjoyed it also.

The best was without a doubt Deceived! When you have seen the Old republic trailer also called deceived and hear that in a context... Waaaoooow!

The second best is Fatal Alliance. It has some really nice battles and the story is great.

Third was Revan. Also a really good story but it think the story was a bit "locked" because we already knew about Revan and his fate.

If you have just a bit of imagination you have no problem looking past that the female voices is spoken by a man. I hear it as a story read to me, not as a play.

I'm looking forward to the next book. :-) (hope its on the way)

Edited by SixthRage
spelling error

I listened to these 3 audio books, all read by Marc Thompson. And I enjoyed them all.

He's a very good voice actor. Can do various characters, some of them sounding completely different from others.

On that note, as some already mentioned, the pitfall is the female voices.. Female voices must be done by female. Male voices can be covered by female voice actors sometimes but not vice versa.

While listening to Deceived, I cringed the first time he did the twi'lek girl. And why the hell does she need that French accent? After that, every time he did the voice, I LOL'd and completely broke the mood/pace of the story.

As master Yoda once said,

"For audio books, if doing the character voices the reader is, always 2 readers there must be.

A male, and a female. No more, no less."

Edited by geulsae

I listened to these 3 audio books, all read by Marc Thompson. And I enjoyed them all.

He's a very good voice actor. Can do various characters, some of them sounding completely different from others.

On that note, as some already mentioned, the pitfall is the female voices.. Female voices must be done by female. Male voices can be covered by female voice actors sometimes but not vice versa.

While listening to Deceived, I cringed the first time he did the twi'lek girl. And why the hell does she need that French accent? After that, every time he did the voice, I LOL'd and completely broke the mood/pace of the story.

As master Yoda once said,

"For audio books, if doing the character voices the reader is, always 2 readers there must be.

A male, and a female. No more, no less."

True. The storytelling would probably have been better with a man and a woman.