Wow vs Tor in a duel?

jaytrust

I hate to ask but besides the graphics I think wow has beat tor in a duel regarding pvp!

I'd go as far to say that TOR pvp really is just the below.

You create a character and do 3 random warzones. The end of TOR pvp.

Oh I forgot they have this thing called valor that gives you cool titles. (Can't forget to through that in there...)

Ok now thats that is over I really wish TOR would have just copied all of wows pvp system and called it a day.

Would be so much better then what we have now.. Hopefully thats coming sometime soon in a patch. I'll be playing this game again then if Tera or GW2 isn't out by then.

Edited by jaytrust

I hate to ask but besides the graphics I think wow has beat tor in a duel regarding pvp!

I'd go as far to say that TOR pvp really is just the below.

You create a character and do 3 random warzones. The end of TOR pvp.

Oh I forgot they have this thing called valor that gives you cool titles. (Can't forget to through that in there...)

Ok now thats that is over I really wish TOR would have just copied all of wows pvp system and called it a day.

Would be so much better then what we have now.. Hopefully thats coming sometime soon in a patch. I'll be playing this game again then if Tera or GW2 isn't out by then.

wow vanilla was world pvp ... win

wow now is not ... lose

tor now is not (ilum is a joke) ... lose

so i guess wow wins on historical precedence, tor skipped right by the best pvp and went to bleh pvp

First MMO on release? Definitely must be it as you have no idea how incredibly wrong you are.

Dude the beta for Tera is even better then this game currently is.

Have you look at your interface?

Have you played endgame pvp?

I care less about the bugs this is an incomplete game. They didn't think what wwould people do when they hit 50. I'd argue that we aren't even ready for beta yet...

Dude the beta for Tera is even better then this game currently is.

Have you look at your interface?

Have you played endgame pvp?

I care less about the bugs this is an incomplete game. They didn't think what wwould people do when they hit 50. I'd argue that we aren't even ready for beta yet...

Tera? You mean like that EU beta Tera event that was canceled because they screwed something up?

Yea, definitely looks better so afr :rolleyes:

ultima would **** both then dry loot their corpses.

Only Pre-AoS Ultima.. Current Era Ultima is just as screwed up as this in many ways.

• Overly Gear Dependant - Check
  • Exploitation to acquire said gear - Check
  • Zerg Fest at it's worst - Check
  • Full of bugs - Check

Then again they are maintaining that game on a Skeleton Crew (maybe 15 developers if they are lucky).

Tera? You mean like that EU beta Tera event that was canceled because they screwed something up?

Yea, definitely looks better so afr :rolleyes:

I mean the beta that starts tomorrow. If you read the features the game has you would be so envious and would wish they were the people working on the Starwars IP.

They have everything Tor is planning on adding right from before day 1 release during there beta

example- Rescaleable U.i I can continue but why bother...

Right, a brand new game can't beat a game that's 7 years old.

Try that with any other genre, lol

Honestly most genres have not changed much. Most of the changes are in the graphics. I will admit that I do not have extensive experience with all genres but these are my general observations of the various changes within the genres.

FPS:

Basically the same game play with various perk changes, gun re-skins and new kill-streak stuff. Personalization/modding of guns. Better graphics in the new version. Some new maps, some classic maps. Squad game-play in some games. Popularity increase.

Fighting:

New characters, better graphics, different combos. Same game play.

Sports:

More control over players, better physics, better graphics. Inclusion of drafting and team franchises. Manager only games.

Racing:

Better graphics, more responsive and/or realistic control. New skins for cars/trucks/bikes/etc. Same game play.

RPG:

Better graphics, new storylines, new combat systems in some games, different archetype of characters in some games & reused archetypes in most games.

RTS:

Better graphics, different units, new maps & old maps. Same game play. A few new features.

MMO:

Better graphics. Various different pvp/cvc/rvr/gvg systems. Theme park vs sandbox. Popularity increase.

MOBA:

Better graphics. Different characters & new characters, additional pre-game buffs, item changes, and in-game rankings.

Overall it seems like MMOs, sports and RPGs, and to a lesser degree FPS games, have had the most overall changes but nothing in my mind stands out as revolutionary change. The only genre that is even somewhat new at this point is MOBA and, as such, have had the most change but that is sorta expected since it is relatively new.

I guess the real question would be what does it take for one game to "beat" another? Better graphics? Popularity? New features? What expectations should there be when comparing new and older games?

Of course wow wins. Tor pvp is lol knockback, knockback, knockback, pull, pull, pull, stun, stun, stun. Every class is the same.

I will say that I like the BG maps in tor better than the more recent maps in WoW.

Edited by Skizzik