Trooper armor progression?

dallaas

Ok i am a lvl 48 Trooper (gunnery spec 5-31-5) and have a question regarding upcoming armor. I keep reading about Champion,Rakata, Battlemaster ,etc gear and it is all confusing to me, so i figured i would ask now before hitting 50. I see tons of armor for lvl 49 @ the GTN but it is exslpensive and not sure if it is even worth it if i'm going to need new armor again @ 50. Can someone please list in order the types (and names") of armor that will be available @ 50 and how i will be able to get it, ie credits, wz commendations, other coms etc.

Right now I have mostly th16b (679) armor and am mowing through everything pvp/pve, will this still be good @49?

I read about turning your wz tokens into merc tokens and buying the 200/200 bag which i did once but since i'm not a 50 i can't even see what it is and i don't want to keep doing this if it's not the best way to gear myself up.

thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by dallaas

Not 50 yet, but I will tell you the Champion bag (200/200) is unique, you can only have 1 at a time. As far as armor goes, I don't think any pre 50 armor will do you a darn bit of good at 50, at least judging from the amount of whine of the PVP forums. I would save your money.

For PvP:

Centurion < Champion < Battlemaster

Centurion and Champion gear are obtained by purchasing Champion bags from the PvP vendor for 200 Merc and Warzone Commendations.

These bags can also be obtained by completing daily and weekly PvP quests at 50.

Each bag contains 15 Centurion Commendations, and 7 Champion Commendations which can be used to purchase the same named gear at the vendors. The bags also have a chance to contain a token for a piece of Champion gear.

Battlemaster gear is obtained by completing those same daily and weekly quests, and choosing the battlemaster bag instead of champion, however these cannot be opened until you are valor rank 60.

For PvP:

Centurion and Champion gear are obtained by purchasing Champion bags from the PvP vendor for 200 Merc and Warzone Commendations.

These bags can also be obtained by completing daily and weekly PvP quests at 50.

Each bag contains 15 Centurion Commendations, and 7 Champion Commendations which can be used to purchase the same named gear at the vendors. The bags also have a chance to contain a token for a piece of Champion gear.

Battlemaster gear is obtained by completing those same daily and weekly quests, and choosing the battlemaster bag instead of champion, however these cannot be opened until you are valor rank 60.

ok seems clear thank you for taking the time to explain this for me.

For PvP:

That's the most concise and accurate description of the armor system I've seen. Thanks!

For PVE:

Tionese < Columi < Rakata

Non-Final bosses in HM flashpoints drop tionese armor and tionese crystals.

Final HM Flashpoint bosses drop columi pieces and completing the flashpoint gives you a tionese commendation.

There is a daily and weekly quest that will give tionese and columi commendations.

Normal Mode operations drop columi armor, some tioense peices (the accessory armor pieces like belt, bracers, implants...) and columi commendations.

Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Options drop Rakata armor and some columi armor (accessory peices).

There is a weekly that gives columi commendations.

You need a combination of tionese crystals and commendations in order to buy a piece of gear from the vendor. Columi just has commendations. Rakata you need to get the token to drop in operations to get a piece.

There are also Xenotech, Energized, and exotech that drop in HM Flashpoints/operations that are stat equivelent to Tionese/Columi but don't have set bonuses.

The standard PVE progression that I see most people taking is initially gearing up oranges with purple mods from daily quests, or using the 50 PVP gear. Then doing HM Flashpoints and operations until they get at least the 4 piece columi set bonus. Than working to hard/nightmare operations.