Change Loot Drop Mechanics, Please

Belcorwyn

Loot drops from Hardmode bosses should not be specific to a class (ie Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior). Instead, the drop should be a generic coin/gem/commendation that any class can win and turn in for a specific type of loot. This is Dungeon Loot Distribution 101.

The current system, predictably, awards loot drops for classes that are not present.

Heck, what happened to the Loot Bag we kept hearing about before launch? Even that would be preferable to this crap. The current system involves two layers of randomness: the first and most important layer is the RNG that will determine if a piece relevant to your class will drop, followed by the RNG roll to compete against any other toons from an identical base class. It rarely fails that I'll run a Flashpoint with an Assassin tank, a Sorcerer DPS, a Mercenary DPS, and a Sorcerer Healer only to have a Sith Warrior or Imp Agent item drop. My companions are gearing up faster than I am, because I win greed rolls on these useless pieces.

This system that you've developed, Bioware, is very discouraging. It takes upwards of an hour to complete any given Flashpoint, and in the end you wind up without any reward.

And what's our alternative? A single columi commendation and some (useless) Tionese crystal drops? Seriously? When Columi gear costs 67 commendations per piece? That's pretty bogus.