Defensive Rotations.

Varatho

I've recently figured out that when people say learn your rotation, they aren't talking about an offensive one (because that's not a rotation).

So, what is the most effective defensive rotation? I'm playing Carnage if that makes a difference.

For soloing I have started to favor going in with Saber Ward, then switching to Cloak of Pain, followed up by Obfuscate, and finally Force Camouflage (to make the companion tank for the rest of the fight). Which leaves Force Choke as an interrupt and Undying Rage as an emergency button.

As a side note: Such an extensive rotation seems like the kind of thing they should give to a tanking class, do the tanking classes have rotations like this? I haven't played them yet, so I don't know. And to be honest, I kind of wish Cloak of Pain was a passive so I wouldn't have to bother with a rotation, but that just might be my laziness kicking in.

Normally send jaesa in first and let her get a bit of aggro just tickling the mob not using any big number moves. When she starts getting low pop gore/ravage/force scream and this pretty much guarantees me aggro, pop cloak straight away when that wears off i'll usually be around 50%ish, use a medpack and pop saberward once that wears off force choke, then blind (whatever the spells called) after that its a race against time to burn it down. But to be honest this works fine for elites 3 levels above me.

Then again if this small rotation fails, call on the force, saberward again, and as desperation when im very VERY low I use the 99% reduction (usually if i dip into 10% or less)

46 At the moment levelling as carnage on corellia....so im quite a bit at a level disadvantage. But there has been nothing in the story that i havent been able to solo after working out the mechanics.

Edited by Disturbpants