Why hasnt <insert bug here> been fixed yet?!?1?

slyvarius

I am not stupid sir, I am simply making fun of your absurd method of writing.

If you can't get that, I will have to be direct with my insults.

Okay let me make this as simple as I can for you then. I am enjoying the game for it's well delivered story line. The landscapes of planets are very nice, the voice acting is superb. But what I am not enjoying is most of the bugs that are around still. And like someone said, since beta builds back. I don't agree with people belligerently running their mouth about bugs that take a while to fix. I have never complained here before until technically now. I just don't want people to get this confused with complaining about the game itself. To each is their own. Which is why I am not hounding on you for liking this game in every aspect. If I was, then I would be like you. Understand?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for a logical educated response. guess i'll go get some popcorn.

Here it is again.

Full context:

Then why did they lynch SK for Too Human?

it's the same thing man. You can't just get by saying it's hard or you try it or it takes time.

cycle this cycle that.

that's an excuse not a reason.

...what?

This requires an essay. Please tell me why software development can't be "hard" or "take time".

Keep lying though. It so makes you right.

Still waiting for a logical educated response. guess i'll go get some popcorn.

Ted is referring to MY question, asking you for an essay to explain why software development can't be "hard" nor "take time".

Both things of which he has quoted multiple times now.

So, really, explain to me .. why can't software development be difficult or time consuming?

Okay let me make this as simple as I can for you then. I am enjoying the game for it's well delivered story line. The landscapes of planets are very nice, the voice acting is superb. But what I am not enjoying is most of the bugs that are around still. And like someone said, since beta builds back. I don't agree with people belligerently running their mouth about bugs that take a while to fix. I have never complained here before until technically now. I just don't want people to get this confused with complaining about the game itself. To each is their own. Which is why I am not hounding on you for liking this game in every aspect. If I was, then I would be like you. Understand?

Once again, Thanks for the additional explanation, but I understood you from the VERY VERY BEGINNING. I was MAKING FUN OF YOU, because you like to write out the most absurd analogy's to explain something simple.

As to your answer, I don't agree with you. The bugs are being fixed relatively quickly, and MOST are NOT still around. There are new bugs discovered every day, probably THOUSANDS of them to work on. It's not a surprise on the timing for any bug fixes.

As for you not enjoying the way the game is setup because you think they settled, that's your own opinion. I understand that you enjoy the game, but claiming that you don't care about bugs, but DO care about the base architecture for the game, you are simply being hypocritical.

I haven't hounded anyone for liking or not liking the game, I come to the PUBLIC forums where they discuss, and I discuss with them. Review my post history, I am very unbiased, and always make sure that it is my OPINION and only such. I aim to provide constructive criticism and explain misconceptions where I find them. This is one of those threads, claiming something to be true, doesn't make it so. You say to each their own, but your posts don't promote that idea.

Ted is referring to MY question, asking you for an essay to explain why software development can't be "hard" nor "take time".

Both things of which he has quoted multiple times now.

So, really, explain to me .. why can't software development be difficult or time consuming?

You never asked me that 1st. Second I never implied 24hrs.

The average development time for a full-scale MMO is 3-5 years, though some have taken longer, and smaller projects and browser MMO's sometimes take less.

so its hard and takes time is not a reason it's an excuse still.

They time to do the hard work and took time doing "to get it right".

Next.

Edited by Jiraiya_Goketsu

You never asked me that 1st. Second I never implied 24hrs.

The average development time for a full-scale MMO is 3-5 years, though some have taken longer, and smaller projects and browser MMO's sometimes take less.

so its hard and takes time is not a reason it's an excuse still.

They time to do the hard work and took time doing "to get it right".

Next.

Which implies that, given enough time, a piece of software as large and complicated as this can be made 100% bug free, while they still release new context.

This is false.

It's an illusion brought on by the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'll let the actual software developers take it from here. You should listen to them and get an education, but you won't.

Which implies that, given enough time, a piece of software as large and complicated as this can be made 100% bug free, while they still release new context.

This is false.

It's an illusion brought on by the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'll let the actual software developers take it from here. You should listen to them and get an education, but you won't.

Just give up, he has clearly set out to ignore logic and hang onto his fallacious ideas.

This is false.

And if its so *********** hard, then that 200 million dollar budget and a pocket full of EA isn't enough? Then maybe you should or rather they should know their limitations and be up front with the community. Reality is a *****. Get over it. You're delusional. Ok time to grab my popcorn. See where you drones go next.

p.s. i'm starting to get concerned about your sanity. Be cool.

You are making leaps and connecting dots that aren't even on the paper man.

Originally Posted by Jiraiya_Goketsu

Then why did they lynch SK for Too Human?

it's the same thing man. You can't just get by saying it's hard or you try it or it takes time.

cycle this cycle that.

that's an excuse not a reason.

...what?

This requires an essay. Please tell me why software development can't be "hard" or "take time".

This is me, asking you, three pages or so ago.

And if its so *********** hard, then that 200 million dollar budget and a pocket full of EA isn't enough?

Again, the assumption here being "If I just throw enough money at it, we can make it bug free."

100% bug free software at this complexity level is an illusion. It doesn't exist. You're asking for something impossible. What's so hard to get here?

Once again, Thanks for the additional explanation, but I understood you from the VERY VERY BEGINNING. I was MAKING FUN OF YOU, because you like to write out the most absurd analogy's to explain something simple.

As to your answer, I don't agree with you. The bugs are being fixed relatively quickly, and MOST are NOT still around. There are new bugs discovered every day, probably THOUSANDS of them to work on. It's not a surprise on the timing for any bug fixes.

As for you not enjoying the way the game is setup because you think they settled, that's your own opinion. I understand that you enjoy the game, but claiming that you don't care about bugs, but DO care about the base architecture for the game, you are simply being hypocritical.

I haven't hounded anyone for liking or not liking the game, I come to the PUBLIC forums where they discuss, and I discuss with them. Review my post history, I am very unbiased, and always make sure that it is my OPINION and only such. I aim to provide constructive criticism and explain misconceptions where I find them. This is one of those threads, claiming something to be true, doesn't make it so. You say to each their own, but your posts don't promote that idea.

Then understand that this is my opinion. Ugh lol...did I say I don't care about the bugs? I am thankful for the ones they have found and fixed. Why do you like to put words in my mouth? This is my OPINION too. Who's the hypocrite? Funny because I started out just stating my OPINION when I get hounded for my choice of words. Looking back at my posts, I have not even insulted anyones love for this game. So yeah, TO EACH IS THEIR OWN. I bet you try and dominate everyone around you, just my OPINION. Oh and nice to know that you were making fun of me for saying what I think. Yep, I wonder who the hypocrite is....unbiased....hmmm.

Edited by Frostythefett

Never said it couldnt be...you are the one that made the jump from there to 24 hr cycles.

silly.

Clearly you are a few things:

A) confusing me with someone else, I never mentioned 24 hour cycles. Try to keep up.

B) Full of crap, or intentionally misreading and misdirecting your responses.

Again, the assumption here being "If I just throw enough money at it, we can make it bug free."

100% bug free software at this complexity level is an illusion. It doesn't exist. You're asking for something impossible. What's so hard to get here?

That is your assumption. Yours and yours alone.

Then understand that this is my opinion. Ugh lol...did I say I don't care about the bugs? I am thankful for the ones they have found and fixed. Why do you like to put words in my mouth? This is my OPINION too. Who's the hypocrite? Funny because I started out just stating my OPINION when I get hounded for my choice of words. Looking back at my posts, I have not even insulted anyones love for this game. So yeah, TO EACH IS THEIR OWN. I bet you try and dominate everyone around you, just my OPINION. Oh and nice to know that you were making fun of me for saying what I think. Yep, I wonder who the hypocrite is....unbiased....hmmm.

never mind man, you obviously don't comprehend what I'm saying to you.

I've re-wrote it 50 different ways.

GG