NVIDIA 560m Lag Spike

JakuKen

I was having no problems running swtor at max but it would constantly drop frame rates every 5 min or so for 30sec - 1min then run smoothly again. I looked at some of the forums and other ppl were having the same problems but i couldn't find a solution. I however have discovered that laptops have a lot of power saving plans that need to be changed to avoid these frame rate drops because the cpu and gpu keep powering down to save energy.

My fix for my constant frame rate drop was to set windows power option to high performance making sure in the advanced settings minimum processor state is set to 100%

Next You go into the NVIDIA control panel->3D setting->adjust image setting with preview.

Now click the check box "use the advanced 3D image setting" and then click "take me there"

this will take you yo manage 3D settings page. In the global settings what you got to look for is "power management mode" by default it's set to "adaptive" and needs to be changed to "prefer maximum performance". This will stop the constant frame rate drop because the GPU keeps powering down, this is the major setting change. The rest of the globals setting you can tweak to you liking.

Hope this helps ppl that bought new laptops to play SWTOR (Like me, Qosmio X770) and didn't fine tune the power plans and thought there laptops were lemons

You... You look lost... It's okay, where did you last see your forum? It's okay - don't cry we'll find your forums for you just stay put and if any other forums want you to come with them just say "I know where my forums are" and don't talk to them. Edited by reaperkeepet