Good build for commando partnering with tank Jedi Shadow?

Jimbeezee

Hello:

I would really appreciate help in coming up a build for my commando. I will primarily be playing with my fiancee, who wants to play as a tanking Jedi Shadow. I imagine I should go for a good mix of DPS and healing abilities . . . if anyone has sample talent builds I could use that would be great! Thank you!

I'm doing the same with a friend - we both played in beta together (dark side than)

1) Currently, you really aren't rewarded in spreading your points on multiple trees.

2) Your choices in tree don't change playability significantly

3) Your companions can fit into whatever role you don't want to do

Based on that, I really think it comes down to play style.

I personally choose to go down healing tree just in case I needed to be primary healer in a 4 man heroic. I don't mind healing so this was ok with me...although when solo'ing / duo'ing I really didn't do that much healing.

Tank and Healer, core of a group, easy to find dps. Also will be able to take on harder stuff then a tank and dps. Tank and Healer specs can still put out good damage, with a good tank, a healer shouldn't have to spam heal and gets time to do damage. With Supercharge Cell skill you basically get 10 seconds of free charged bolt spam with +10% damage for every 20 secs of combat.

If interested in PvP, a tank and healer combo is very deadly.

Edited by Astares