How does rebuke work exactly?

khsolo

Rebuke does 3 things for you, 4 if you have it talented in Combat tree

Rebuke decreases the damage you take by 20%

It will deal damage back to people that attack you (but only once every 1.5 seconds)

And it will refresh its self and last longer every time you are attacked up to 30 seconds. I.E. it really only lasts 6 seconds but if you get attacked it will refresh back to lasting 6 seconds, and as long as you keep getting attacked it will stay up until 30 seconds is past

IF Talented, it will also give you 1 focus when it does damage to your attacker (but it will only do it once every 3 seconds not every 1.5 seconds like the damage does, so pretty much every other time it does damage back)

*editting, adding comments below*

Basically you want to keep it on cool down when ever you are the target of being attacked.

Edited by Telkiney

Rebuke does 3 things for you, 4 if you have it talented in Combat tree

Rebuke decreases the damage you take by 20%

It will deal damage back to people that attack you (but only once every 1.5 seconds)

And it will refresh its self and last longer every time you are attacked up to 30 seconds. I.E. it really only lasts 6 seconds but if you get attacked it will refresh back to lasting 6 seconds, and as long as you keep getting attacked it will stay up until 30 seconds is past

IF Talented, it will also give you 1 focus when it does damage to your attacker (but it will only do it once every 3 seconds not every 1.5 seconds like the damage does, so pretty much every other time it does damage back)

*editting, adding comments below*

Basically you want to keep it on cool down when ever you are the target of being attacked.

So basically you want to hit it just before you enter combat correct?

So basically you want to hit it just before you enter combat correct?

In PvE, sure.

PvP, the way I do it is hit it the split second my lifebar goes from 100% to anything lower. That means someone is either attacking me or spamming an AoE. That way, I can be reasonably sure I'll get a full 30 seconds.