Threat Issues

Geeklat

I'm a somewhat freshly geared lv50 tank. I have all my daily armor/enhance slots filled, one piece of columni gear, and one Eternity Vault piece. I've tanked Hard mode BT and Eternity Vault main tanked fine. Today I tried to tank Hard Mode BP with a Marauder and Assassin dps. For the life of me I could not keep threat off of them. I'm not just talking about AoE threat, on Gold Star mobs and Bosses they would pull threat multiple times through the fight to the point that both my taunts would be on cool down and they would tank the mob by the end. I burned every ability I had into trying to maintain threat but it just wasn't happening. Eventually we made it to the last boss with his two buddies and we kept hitting the enrage timer so we had to call it quits anyway. I'm just at a loss as to how I could tank Eternity Vault and never lose threat last week but now I'm struggling.

something has been messed up I think this patch with threat.

My Jugg has ALL but 2 pieces of Rakata (Head n Chest). I've been tanking everything just fine until tonight. Our AoE threat has always been complete crap, but I've always been able to hold single target.

As of tonight, when we were doing Eternal Vault on Hard mode, I was doing everything I could to keep threat on me.

When we got down to SoA, he just randomly changes target now during the last phase and I could not keep him on me and then of course at 2% when I got mind trapped, upon exiting he reset (So much for that bug being fixed).

I've been tanking in MMO's for years, and I have to hand it to Bioware, they've made me not want to tank anymore. I hate easy mode, but threat in this game is a complete joke.

You know its a problem when companion characters have 100% threat stance (we only get 50%), companion attacks have built in threat, ours don't.....

if I remember right, Soa is immune to damage in the last phase while his shield is up and so the amount of threat your able to place on him is limited.

Yes, we've killed him many times before, there is another post with several pages confirming my remark...Everyone is having problems with him randomly peeling off now..