Healing advice

triangulate

At the moment my build is this: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/commando/#::ef2efef2e3f3e2fef41

I have gone as far as i want to go up DPS for the moment, i burn guys down pretty fast when i keep them at range.

However melee tear me apart pretty quickly so with this in mind and the fact that very often there are no healers in PUG WZ's i was hoping to put the rest of my points as i level in the healing tree.

I have no experience of healing and although some of the healing in the trees is explained by the tooltips, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Im looking for HOT or fast heals to help myself and my team out.

How would you spend the remaining points if you where me?

Going with a hybrid spec is pointless. I understand why you think it would be good but you want to specialize.

You can't out-heal a GOOD melee even as full heal spec so what's your best option for 1v1 vs that melee? Full gunnery. That said I would still grab the talent in the heal tree that reduces the cast time of MP and reduces the CD of AMP but not getting Demo Round is a mistake. It's an instant that hits very hard.

Going with a hybrid spec is pointless. I understand why you think it would be good but you want to specialize.

You can't out-heal a GOOD melee even as full heal spec so what's your best option for 1v1 vs that melee? Full gunnery. That said I would still grab the talent in the heal tree that reduces the cast time of MP and reduces the CD of AMP but not getting Demo Round is a mistake. It's an instant that hits very hard.

Ugh, this makes me so sad. If a hybrid spec is indeed pointless, than this game is broken. My Commando just hit 50 and the Fully Gunnery spec got real boring so I switched to Full Heal Spec. That was alright, but I was still hoping for more of a happy medium between the two.

If this game is so poorly designed that you need to full spec to be viable, than I guess I can look forward to unsubscribing at the end of this month.

Thanks Jooji, you just saved me $17.50 a month.

Ugh, this makes me so sad. If a hybrid spec is indeed pointless, than this game is broken. My Commando just hit 50 and the Fully Gunnery spec got real boring so I switched to Full Heal Spec. That was alright, but I was still hoping for more of a happy medium between the two.

If this game is so poorly designed that you need to full spec to be viable, than I guess I can look forward to unsubscribing at the end of this month.

Thanks Jooji, you just saved me $17.50 a month.

You misunderstood me :p

There's great hybrid specs for other classes and there's even a decent healing hybrid that gets some of the utility out of gunnery but as a commando gunnery you're best off going all the way since Demo Round is so strong.

As a full healer spec I can easily get most DPS medals if I'm trying to. I can pop relic/adrenal and grab both my 2.5k dmg+75kdmg just by using mortar volley on cd. I can also use supercharged to burn someone down single target through free charged bolts.(relic+adrenal+supercharged=dead sorc very fast)

Sorcs have great healer/dps or healer/utility specs. TBH to get good damage we don't need to spec far dps tree as a healer.

You have missread me, im not saying that i wont get demo round.

I was looking for/if a descent hybrid exists to level with, the reason im asking is that i have played an Op through to lvl50 and they have perfectly viable hybrid builds to use while leveling.

My Sorc (hate playing him tbh) is lvl42 and they also get perfectly viable hybrid builds.

I have never needed to utilise this though, because those two can stay on their feet for twice as long as a trooper vs melee.

I know what hybrid means, but not really sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

If you are Gunnery you can still get some emergency heals, if it crits, you will get the 2.5k Heal Medal, and there are some talents in the first tier to improve AMP and MP.

If you want to get Kolto Bomb, you need to pass on Demo round, which seems fair.

Same thing on the other side of the coin:

as a Combat Medic, I put a talent to reduce the ammo cost of Charged Bolts. But you cannot get Grav rounds if you want to get Bacta Infusion, again, a fair trade-off

(as a side note, Mortar Volley and Hail of bolts will hit just as hard as your DPS specced colleagues)

TL;DR you still can do very decent damage as healer, as long as you do it the "healer way" (Charged Bolts, Full Auto, HIB, AOE). If you try to be a healer, but do damage the "Gunnery" way with Grav rounds, you will fail

You have missread me, im not saying that i wont get demo round.

I was looking for/if a descent hybrid exists to level with, the reason im asking is that i have played an Op through to lvl50 and they have perfectly viable hybrid builds to use while leveling.

My Sorc (hate playing him tbh) is lvl42 and they also get perfectly viable hybrid builds.

I have never needed to utilise this though, because those two can stay on their feet for twice as long as a trooper vs melee.

The first class I leveled was an operative and you're wrong. Hybrid healer operative builds are TERRIBLE. The only healer class with a good dps/heals hybrid is the sorc.(21/2/18)

Troopers don't need a hybrid spec to put out great damage and healing. Operatives are just blah.