Arsenal Merc - Can I bet a Sorcerer 1v1?

ZeusThunder

Assuming skill, level, and gear are equal can an Arsenal Merc beat a Sorcerer 1v1? There is this one Sorcerer I keep on playing against that just wrecks me in Huttball. My merc is an alt, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The Sorcerer tends to interrupt my casts then uses LOS until his interrupt is off CD again.

If I try to run up to him to knock him off platforms I'm at 30% HP by the time I can get in range.

If I try to just nuke him I can't get him past 50% by the time the only abilities I have left to use are Tracer Missile or Power Shot, which just get interrupted.

If I get the jump on him, and am winning he'll simply stun me then force run out of range then heal up.

I'm certainly not advocating that all classes should be balanced in 1v1. I'm pretty sure that my role as an Arsenal Merc in Huttball is to control the center and defend, not get caught up chasing Sorcerers. I just wanted to check with the community however to make sure it isn't just me.

TL;DR version: Arsenal merc does great until I get attacked by a Sorcerer, anyone else have this problem?

Assuming skill, level, and gear are equal can an Arsenal Merc beat a Sorcerer 1v1? There is this one Sorcerer I keep on playing against that just wrecks me in Huttball. My merc is an alt, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The Sorcerer tends to interrupt my casts then uses LOS until his interrupt is off CD again.

If I try to run up to him to knock him off platforms I'm at 30% HP by the time I can get in range.

If I try to just nuke him I can't get him past 50% by the time the only abilities I have left to use are Tracer Missile or Power Shot, which just get interrupted.

If I get the jump on him, and am winning he'll simply stun me then force run out of range then heal up.

I'm certainly not advocating that all classes should be balanced in 1v1. I'm pretty sure that my role as an Arsenal Merc in Huttball is to control the center and defend, not get caught up chasing Sorcerers. I just wanted to check with the community however to make sure it isn't just me.

TL;DR version: Arsenal merc does great until I get attacked by a Sorcerer, anyone else have this problem?

You ran into player that knows how to deal with Mercs. It happens, get used to it.

you should pick the place to fight, chasing him into the boxes so he can run los circles around you is not wise, really not a lot of LOS issues in the important places imo ...stop being the dog chasing the car and be the dog guarding the house :)

Edited by Yazule

arsenal is a bad spec for 1v1,if you think that only sorcerers are giving you trouble,you have not faced a good marauder or a good assasin

anyway,you have to learn to fakecast to defeat a sorcerer as arsenal,make him waste his interrupt then nuke him down,activate every relic or adrenal at your disposable because their dps and survivability is higher than ours

ill suggest to swap to pyro,if you are serious about doing 1v1 MU

arsenal is very good until someone decides to take you down

Which skill do you use to fake cast? Power Shot fake cast? Heal fake? Wait until he blows his interrupt then you hit two tracers and a heatseeker or what?

start casting TM then take a step forward to stop the cast before he interrupts you.. personallly i get a 5 second break from TM i pop my sheild, hit unload, hs, rs then tracer again, i dont know why people say it is so difficult.

nope. jolting your tracer missile, bubbling your unload and then dotting you to death is way too easy. tracer/grav nubs are the easiest class, possibly the only class in the world the sorcs have an easy time dealing with.