Any suggestions for performance increase while I wait for my card?

Pantherastoo

So for Beta I was getting 8-15 fps......now in Early Access I am getting 1.1-3.8 fps. Its driving me nuts!!! I have an upgraded graphics card ordered but wth?

Has anyone found any tricks to help bump them to at least 10fps steadily? I may have to wait a week before the card arrives. I dont think I can handle playing that long with 1-4 fps. Its ridiculous!!!

Sooooo disappointed.

The only setting options I see are "low" for everything. Here are my computers specs:

AMD Athlon II x 2 240 Processor 2.8GHz

ATI Radeon HD 4350 2GB x 2

1980 x 1080 res

5 GB Ram

64 bit Windows 7

I know I need to upgrade my processor and card. I can only do the card for now. Getting a 5670 sometime next week - whenever they feel like shipping it. Cant do the processor for awhile....but I really dont understand how I can be soooooo slow even with my current system.

I hope soon! My friend is being sooo patient questing with me but its awful! I get stuck in a doorway moving 1.1 FPS and cant hardly get in and out of quest areas! He kills everything while I stand there wiating for my toon to shoot things because it cant function when I tell it to attack. I had a great time in beta - was really looking forward to playing - and now I dont even want to log onto the game. I ordered a card - buts its an ATI card still. His runs well so hoping when I get this new one it will perform at least good enough for me to not hold him back in questing.

:(:(

The only setting options I see are "low" for everything. Here are my computers specs:

AMD Athlon II x 2 240 Processor 2.8GHz

ATI Radeon HD 4350 2GB x 2

1980 x 1080 res

5 GB Ram

64 bit Windows 7

I know I need to upgrade my processor and card. I can only do the card for now. Getting a 5670 sometime next week - whenever they feel like shipping it. Cant do the processor for awhile....but I really dont understand how I can be soooooo slow even with my current system.

This is the problem. Invest in an Nvidia. My game is flying.. :) My son has a phenom with 12G RAM and it sucked with a ATI card. Installed a 550Ti and its rolling like mine. I have a 580 in mine

Edited by Lectro

Not sure but my son had a ATI card and it was hangin up. Installed a Nvidia card and its smooth.

:( I just ordered the new ATI card this morning though. Well when I upgrade my processor I will be getting a really fast card to go with it so will change out of ATI then I guess. Good to know!

This is the problem. Invest in an Nvidia. My game is flying.. :) My son has a phenom with 12G RAM and it sucked with a ATI card. Installed a 550Ti and its rolling like mine. I have a 580 in mine

Depends what ATI card it was. Especially since in multiple tests, ATI > Nvidia for this game atm.

This is just redicilous tho! Why alienate ATI users? Im sure half the masses are using ATI cards, ATI cards are pretty standard in current systems nowadays and BW is going to alienate them? All i have to say is psshhh... just psshhh:mad:

This is just redicilous tho! Why alienate ATI users? Im sure half the masses are using ATI cards, ATI cards are pretty standard in current systems nowadays and BW is going to alienate them? All i have to say is psshhh... just psshhh:mad:

He's talking from opinion. Not fact.

Im just saying it worked for me. It could be the drivers need rolled back. I had an issue with my 580 because the newer drivers sucked. I rolled em back a few versions and it cleared right up.

Honestly, I think the graphics should have been a little more aimed at lower end computers tbh. I have a few guildees that cant play because their unit is older.