Need some Warrior gear help!

Tovenar

Hey awesome-sauce warriors! Your friendly neighborhood Darth Tovenar would like to better gear his Jedi eating 1000 year old monster Khem Val with some swank level 40 pvp gear.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the set name was for the tanking or dps based Juggernaut gear was (that's the heavy armor right?).

I appreciate the help!

Edited by Tovenar

Well, the problem is that you have to take heavy armor that is independant of class or alignment. For example there is Orange gear that has limitations such as: Must be Sith Warrior or Must be Dark/Light Side 1-5. Then there is a set of gear that does not have the Class or Alignment requirement, those will be what you need to gear good ol' Khem with.

I too had this realization a bit late as when I obtained Broonmark (who wears the same gear I do) I tried to hand him over older gear that I was going to update mod-wise, but then read the requirements and had to find some other pieces for him here and there.

A lot of the Specialty Goods vendors on each planet have the independant orange gear that you'd just need to upgrade to current level or you can go the GTN route and pick from what others have found off mobs or from Lockboxes. I typically didn't buy blue gear for any companion while leveling except for Implants and some of the harder to obtain gear that you'd get from flashpoints etc. I just waited until max level while keeping their gear current with greens and maybe an orange or two. Now I'm going back to farm up comms to buy them all orange gear and mod them out for max level.

It depends on how you level to some extent. I mainly used Vette/Quinn and Jaesa. I kept Quinn the best geared as my pocket-healer and Jaesa fairly well geared too, but that's party because I'd picked up the wrong third crew-skill to go with Artifice and Archaeology (Underworld Trading) and had to drop it to get Treasure Hunting. Then I spent a lot of time having Vette out leveling that up so her gear got behind. If I had to do it all over again it would've went a lot differently. But yeah, the long and short of it is that Khem can't wear Warrior specific gear.

Cheers!