A bit of despair

Nordya

Love the game it is really fun, but sometimes, I feel like community wise, gme is lacking. Last two days can't find anyone to do the heroic quests on Taris or help with pushing one switch to get a datacron. Ask general chat, crickets, ask guild, crickets. While I understand people are busy, I find it hard to believe for the last two days can't find help. Only time I get help is when my old mmo buddies are on.

Are all servers in a similar situation?

ask guild, crickets.

The amount of space stations, airlocks, and loading screens also discourage people from coming to help you. Often I'm willing to help people but when a guildie needs it and I'm on a separate planet with no hearth option to return to mine, I know there's a good 20 min in travel time to get back to what I was doing. That is a HUGE deterrent. Poor design unfortunately : /

Edited by Whatsalightsaver

The amount of space stations, airlocks, and loading screens also discourage people from coming to help you. Often I'm willing to help people but when a guildie needs it and I'm on a separate planet with no hearth option to return to mine, I know there's a good 20 min in travel time to get back to what I was doing. That is a HUGE deterrent. Poor design unfortunately : /

Guess that could be a major nuisance I agree, I am starting to experience it despite me being in the early twenties. Guess I am just used to going out of my way to help others in mmo.

Maybe I should just try to find a duo partner, that might help.

Just wait until even higher levels... it gets worse, not better.

Might have helped to have servers with more then 200 people on them per faction. Guess the same genius came up with this idea that also invented the auction house UI and thought it was OK to leave out target of target etc.

It basically just comes down to BW being dismal.

As it currently stands, swtor is primarily a polished solo RPG. It has influences of an MMORPG, but in limited, un-polished form.

Still, its early days for the game. Even though its been under development for years, is still a baby thats learning how to walk before it can run. MMOs grow over time, assuming there is a playerbase left to benefit from it.

For me, personally, I would recommend swtor to anyone who enjoys solo RPG quest stuff with a great storyline as this is where swtor excels. For anything else, be it PVP, group raids, Im waiting for Guild Wars 2.

As it currently stands, swtor is primarily a polished solo RPG. It has influences of an MMORPG, but in limited, un-polished form.

Still, its early days for the game. Even though its been under development for years, is still a baby thats learning how to walk before it can run. MMOs grow over time, assuming there is a playerbase left to benefit from it.

For me, personally, I would recommend swtor to anyone who enjoys solo RPG quest stuff with a great storyline as this is where swtor excels. For anything else, be it PVP, group raids, Im waiting for Guild Wars 2.

While I would normally agree with you that overtime mmo do grow, the speed at which player hit cap coupled with as the posters before you the design of the game don't help. I guess I was lucky, I played 2004-2009 with a girl I met and dated on FFXI. Even after she passed away, I was lucky to have other to play with. Swtor is the first mmo I go in alone without a partner, guess that is where it would come in handy.