The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

advanced prototype casting order

Dampari

You always want to cast immolate/flame burst/rocket punch (all three) before rail shot, in order to maximize your proc chance on auto rail shot crit. Casting immolate first also makes your rocket punch free, saving you a lot of energy.

My typical DPS rotation when I'm AP spec is Immolate -> Flame Burst -> Rocket Punch -> Rail Shot -> Flame Burst x4 -> Flamethrower. Use flame burst frequently to try and keep a 5 stack of prototype flamethrower up before each pull as well, so you can cast it at the start of the pull for AoE on several weaker targets.

You always want to cast immolate/flame burst/rocket punch (all three) before rail shot, in order to maximize your proc chance on auto rail shot crit. Casting immolate first also makes your rocket punch free, saving you a lot of energy.

My typical DPS rotation when I'm AP spec is Immolate -> Flame Burst -> Rocket Punch -> Rail Shot -> Flame Burst x4 -> Flamethrower. Use flame burst frequently to try and keep a 5 stack of prototype flamethrower up before each pull as well, so you can cast it at the start of the pull for AoE on several weaker targets.

What Tenacity said (of course don't forget to open with Retractable Blade).