Combat Medic: Combat Shield

IIIDCManIII

I think the above poster misread your question...anyway, the reason many builds don't include this skill is because as a healer, you should not be taking damage very often (especially considering the range of the commando) and we have several "get out of **** quickly" skills already. The second reason is that the "immune to interrupts" part of the skill does not apply to pvp, making it a "maybe nice to have, but point could be spent better elsewhere" skill. Edited by dogenzakaminion

I think the above poster misread your question...anyway, the reason many builds don't include this skill is because as a healer, you should not be taking damage very often (especially considering the range of the commando) and we have several "get out of **** quickly" skills already. The second reason is that the "immune to interrupts" part of the skill does not apply to pvp, making it a "maybe nice to have, but point could be spent better elsewhere" skill.

It does apply to PVP for the skills that only interrupt. It does not make you immune to stuns or incapacitates. To answer you OP it is mainly a PVP skill and is very valuable due to the 100% interrupt free casting against skills that only interrupt. Works with the pushback reduction skills in the gunnery tree also to give you 100% interrupt resist while casting charged bolts.

I actually use Combat Shield

a) It's just 1 point

b) There aren't much alternatives

c) Great talent in PvP

d) PvE wise, allows you to cast uninterrupted during AOE damage phases, think burn phase of Annihilation Droid in EV, or when you get swarmed by adds, etc.

I actually use Combat Shield

a) It's just 1 point

b) There aren't much alternatives

c) Great talent in PvP

d) PvE wise, allows you to cast uninterrupted during AOE damage phases, think burn phase of Annihilation Droid in EV, or when you get swarmed by adds, etc.

A & D are were my reasons for thinking about it. I mean You don't even need to take a pt from another combat medic spot. Also being interuppted can greatly effect a battle, and when you're healing that can get ppl killed. Just my opinion.