Bracket PvP by Valor rank

Mathrafal

Bracketing by level actually increases PvP issues IMO because a new level 50 will end up having a hard time gearing up against the battlemaster crowd.

Either balance teams better (by gear/valor), or bracket overall by valor- so that yes, if someone starts PvP at level 50 they may briefly have an easy time of things but as they progress in gear so do the people they are matched with.

This seems a much fairer system to me.

Bracketing by level actually increases PvP issues IMO because a new level 50 will end up having a hard time gearing up against the battlemaster crowd.

Either balance teams better (by gear/valor), or bracket overall by valor- so that yes, if someone starts PvP at level 50 they may briefly have an easy time of things but as they progress in gear so do the people they are matched with.

This seems a much fairer system to me.

This is simply not possible, as Valor Ranks are extremely fluid.

Wait for Rated Warzones and alot of the high ranked Valor players will have less reason to do Random Warzones.

With only 8 max ppl in a warzone we need to have more brackets. Every person matters when you only have 8 ppl max. ADD a bracket for each 10 level of VALOR rank. You can solve queue time problem that arise from creating a MULTI server battlegroup similar to wow.

some people pvp from lvl10 to lvl50 exclusively and therefore have a big valor rank

some start pvping at lvl50 therefore their valor is non existent (my alt that i play from time to time has more valor than lot's of 50's on the republic side).

so that is a bad value for bracketing

the other one would be gear (expertise rating) but the algorithm would need to check how many different armor slot items a user has (and can wear) otherwise people would cheat by going into WZ with pve gear and then switching to pvp gear - overall, too much trouble?

some people pvp from lvl10 to lvl50 exclusively and therefore have a big valor rank

some start pvping at lvl50 therefore their valor is non existent (my alt that i play from time to time has more valor than lot's of 50's on the republic side).

so that is a bad value for bracketing

the other one would be gear (expertise rating) but the algorithm would need to check how many different armor slot items a user has (and can wear) otherwise people would cheat by going into WZ with pve gear and then switching to pvp gear - overall, too much trouble?

Tbh this a deep rooted problem. Low level pvp should reward much less valor than that 50. Atm It reward the same amount.

Tbh this a deep rooted problem. Low level pvp should reward much less valor than that 50. Atm It reward the same amount.

That is not a problem, the players are still playing the Warzones and doing the work. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, this is simply not a possible change to the game, bracketing valor is a bad idea. Go grind, it takes two weeks to get enough gear to be competitive in Warzones.

That is not a problem, the players are still playing the Warzones and doing the work. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, this is simply not a possible change to the game, bracketing valor is a bad idea. Go grind, it takes two weeks to get enough gear to be competitive in Warzones.

Well, you have a right to your opinion- but I disagree. Obviously you've already got your battlemaster gear, and prefer beating up on people without it rather than being put in a fair fight.

Bracketing by valor is the only way to go IMO. It is the only fair assessment of how much time you've already invested in PvP- matching by valor matches gear and experience and is the closest thing you can get to a fair fight. The only people hurt by this are the fully battlemastered set, who then have to face other battlemasters.