SWTOR servers need to have a higher population.

Creopolus

SWTOR can attract more people, but we need better servers. Servers that can handle more people with reduce performance lag. Perhaps a server merge or server transfer until we can attract more people.

We want a bigger community on our server. I think a major problem with SWTOR is that you feel like you're playing a game by yourself often times.

I'm not on a dying server but I would retire from the game if my server has a very small number of people. Since reroll on a different server is not very encouraging. ( you lose out on all legacy and it takes a very long time to level to 50 ) Edited by Creopolus

It doesn't take long to get to 50 (especially if you done it once already) but apart from the class quests (assuming you would pick different class but the same side) the quests are quite frankly not repetition friendly.

As for the main issue, it's not the servers, it's the client - the engine can't handle lots of people in your vicinity (rep/imp stations or ilum are clear examples).

Even if you had merged multiple servers you will just get more instances and the worlds will still feel empty. I've seen 60 people on tatooine and it was already split between two instances. Adding twice as many people would just most likely double the amount of instances.

That's kind of why I like low population servers :) Call me anti-social, but possibly the biggest barrier to being more multi-player friendly to me, is that when another player appears in the area, my first thought is "Hello, lag, hope you go somewhere else soon so my framerate goes up" :D