Eliminator 4pc set but what should the 5th piece be?

Drezriel

I've had my helm token for about a week now because I can't decide between the Eliminator's helm or the Combat Tech's helm. Since I've started getting all my set pieces together my crit has dropped from 37% to 33.88 and my surge from 83% to 77.35.

The Battle Tech's helm will give me:

+19 aim, +19 end, +9 crit/surge

The Eliminator's helm will give me:

+10 aim, +44 end, +29 power, +9 surge and I'll lose 35 more crit.

So I figured I'd ask you guys. What should it be, the Eliminator's helm with power and surge or the Battle Tech's helm with crit and surge? The itemization of our gear overall just seems kind of screwy to me.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had my helm token for about a week now because I can't decide between the Eliminator's helm or the Combat Tech's helm. Since I've started getting all my set pieces together my crit has dropped from 37% to 33.88 and my surge from 83% to 77.35.

The Battle Tech's helm will give me:

+19 aim, +19 end, +9 crit/surge

The Eliminator's helm will give me:

+10 aim, +44 end, +29 power, +9 surge and I'll lose 35 more crit.

So I figured I'd ask you guys. What should it be, the Eliminator's helm with power and surge or the Battle Tech's helm with crit and surge? The itemization of our gear overall just seems kind of screwy to me.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

in patch 1.2 you will be able to pull the set bounus's out of your gear and put it in orange gear with the extra slot... this will be how you set your gear up, so you will be able to pick... end of the day for arsenal crit is god, but at high end game i look at

aim +power + crit + .5*surge

if the number is positive i go with the new piece, if it is negative i go with the old piece. FYI if you are losing the a stat it is a - not a + in the equation.

in your case it would be 9+29-35+4.5 which gives 7.5 so a slight increase in overall dps

the other piece is 19+0+9+4.5=32.5

so the second computation is better. so i would go for battle tech

fyi hp are for tanks, i do not spec into hp i spec into dps

this equation works pretty well for me as long as crit is >30%

it is rough napkin math

but i like it rough ;)

honestly it doesnt make much of a difference, if you notice, all the pieces of gear all are pretty much the same, some what. the way they've created each piece is through mods, and all the mods of the same thing all have the same stat no matter what part of the gear it is.

the only thing that would be the factor is the armoring/barrel part of it which cant be removed. and theres only 2 differences either its higher in aim, or higher in endurance. in other words its either a reflex or commando versions.

and each piece in each set will be either one or the other. so if you want more aim, just look for the pieces with more aim in it. and dont worry about the other modifications since you can swap them out anyways, im planning on collecting columni gloves since I can rip the crit/surge mod out of them to add to my other pieces of gear