20th launch and EGA questions...

Gitface

1) People who gained access on day 1 are so high in level, does this not take away from the real launch appeal where we're all equals?

2) MMO's are pretty common now, so surely the people who wanted to play this game would have pre-ordered. With this in mind, how many consumers are out there waiting on retail packages and a 20th launch date?

3) Do you really think upon official launch, we'll be waiting to access the servers our friends have already levelled on, way beyond the starter zones, due to pure overload?

I can't help but feel people will be split from playing with their on-line buddies/guildies due to early access (time/day) differences and now level gaps. Surely this was the huge game experience people strive for and will now be missed?

Not trolling, but I would be interested in some view points from others. Personally, nothing will stop me trying the game but I feel something has been taken away.

regards

Gitface

1) People who gained access on day 1 are so high in level, does this not take away from the real launch appeal where we're all equals?

Gitface

Yes it does, im starting to lose interest in this game now that the launch is over with and theres already 30's running around on every server...

It's a two sided coin as much of the EGA has been. Your point is valid but groups that are planning to play together can sort out a meeting spot. The group of friends that I'll be playing with agreed to stop when we got to the Rebel Fleet and group up for the first flashpoint. Within the extra play time you can get out of the prelude zones that will be more and more crowded as more waves are let in. There are enough things to do ingame that even those that got in the first day can find stuff to work on while waiting. And frankly ... if your "friends" are going to just ditch you to zoom ahead then they aren't as good of friends as you thought.

Personally, I find peple who obsess over what other people are doing are have achived in the game are missing out, and it's their own loss.

I'm currently level 11 and at work. I knew going into TOR that I wasn't going to play it all day like I have other MMO's, but I wanted to play it anyway because I think it's a fun game and the story is really engaging. I saw some level 25's while I was playing and didn't think twice about it. They're doing what they're doing, I'm doing what I'm doing.

If you only looked forward to the game because you could out level people, perhaps you shouldn't play it. A game is about more than being higher level than somebody else. :)

It's a two sided coin as much of the EGA has been. Your point is valid but groups that are planning to play together can sort out a meeting spot. The group of friends that I'll be playing with agreed to stop when we got to the Rebel Fleet and group up for the first flashpoint. Within the extra play time you can get out of the prelude zones that will be more and more crowded as more waves are let in. There are enough things to do ingame that even those that got in the first day can find stuff to work on while waiting. And frankly ... if your "friends" are going to just ditch you to zoom ahead then they aren't as good of friends as you thought.

I truly hope you are right. As for me personally, I would expect nobody to wait.

New players are going to be entering this game for *years*.

If your friends having a few hours of time on you (I assume they don't play 24 hours a day) is enough to make them eternally distant, I think you need to find better friends. If you're an insane power leveler who doesn't actually want to PLAY the game you're playing for, and it sounds like you are, you'll hit level cap a day or two behind them at most, then you'll have years to sit around, run the same instances over and over, and whine about how the game "sucks" because "there's nothing to do".

I assume this is how you people have your fun. Some people also like eating brussel sprouts, I hear. I acknowledge that it's true, but I don't claim to understand it.

Tell me, if you broke your leg and were hospitalized and so couldn't play until, say, January, would you be demanding BioWare put the game on hold for you, so that other people couldn't "get ahead"? If not, why not?

Personally, I find peple who obsess over what other people are doing are have achived in the game are missing out, and it's their own loss.

I'm currently level 11 and at work. I knew going into TOR that I wasn't going to play it all day like I have other MMO's, but I wanted to play it anyway because I think it's a fun game and the story is really engaging. I saw some level 25's while I was playing and didn't think twice about it. They're doing what they're doing, I'm doing what I'm doing.

If you only looked forward to the game because you could out level people, perhaps you shouldn't play it. A game is about more than being higher level than somebody else. :)

Sorry, you read me wrong or perhaps I worded it poorly. I'm more concerned for the group experience of exploring/experiencing, not levelling (the level difference takes that way). I will be much like yourself... working as normal and enjoying the game at a pace that suits. However, 7 days difference may help the server loads, but it doesn't help for a joint experience on a 'launch high'.

So, you've never played an MMO that you didn't get into on launch day?

Eve online and WoW I never played at launch, yet were very good experiences. However, Dark Ages of Camelot, Conan and Rift were played at launch and simply awesome experiences. I hope this can hold the same.

I'm not ************, simply asking opinions. I can wait.... honest! :p

2) MMO's are pretty common now, so surely the people who wanted to play this game would have pre-ordered. With this in mind, how many consumers are out there waiting on retail packages and a 20th launch date?

3) Do you really think upon official launch, we'll be waiting to access the servers our friends have already levelled on, way beyond the starter zones, due to pure overload?

I can't help but feel people will be split from playing with their on-line buddies/guildies due to early access (time/day) differences and now level gaps. Surely this was the huge game experience people strive for and will now be missed?

Not trolling, but I would be interested in some view points from others. Personally, nothing will stop me trying the game but I feel something has been taken away.

regards

Gitface

1. How is that any different than when everyone floods into the server and some power level up past their friends? It's no different.

2. N/A

3. We won't be waiting.

Leveling gaps are nothing new. Why is this a concern? Friends that want to play with each other log in those character, play, then play an alt. If not, then there will be level differences.

Nothing new. Been this way since 1997 and UO.

In one month, these EGA gaps will have no effect at all.

I totally agree, but surely you see my point on the early game experience? I think it's a shame... yet which weighs heavier, server load issues in a mass launch or the above?

People whose opinion of the game is primarily shaped by how many of their friends are exactly equal to them in all ways on the day they log in: 0.01%.

People whose opinion of the game is primarily shaped by how laggy or unstable the servers are on the day they log in: 99.99%.

Who would you rather cater to, if you were Bioware?

87.65 percent of statistics on the internet are made up. Also, studies have shown that, in 82.34 percent of cases, adding extra decimal places to a made up statistic makes it look more reliable and authentic.

People whose opinion of the game is primarily shaped by how many of their friends are exactly equal to them in all ways on the day they log in: 0.01%.

People whose opinion of the game is primarily shaped by how laggy or unstable the servers are on the day they log in: 99.99%.

Who would you rather cater to, if you were Bioware?

87.65 percent of statistics on the internet are made up. Also, studies have shown that, in 82.34 percent of cases, adding extra decimal places to a made up statistic makes it look more reliable and authentic.

lol, appreciate the reply... love the statistics, a nice touch. I hope you're right. :)

regards

Gitface

1) I guarantee you that the majority of people's enjoyment of the game or the release has nothing to do with being equal in level to other players. The only people who wish they could be equal in level to everyone else are WoW nerds (there's no world first achievements here, so stop acting like there are), entitled kids looking for any reason to be offended and will throw a tantrum about anything, and people with an inferiority complex.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.