The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Veracity vs. Tionese-Which is the better choice?

Nimaothar

Ok, so I'm an Armormech and I currently have augments in all of the craftable level 49-50 Redoubt gear (TT-17 Helmet and Legs, Enforcer Gloves and Boots). I am trying to see what my priority should be for endgame gear. I could work on getting the Veracity gear unlocked, but I don't want to go down that route if the HM drops are actually better. I have MM's spreadsheet and it says I need to drop a TON of defense and gain shield and absorb, but I'm just not sure how I could do that...

Here's my current stats:

Defense: 17.17%

Shield: 43.01%

Absorb: 48.97%

And If I were just to compare the Veracity TT-17 Helmet with Advanced Absorb 22 augment with the Columni Supercommando Helmet with my calculated stat values: Armor =.34, Defense= .81, Shield= .97, Absorb = 1.05, I get the following difference:

+72 Armor, +53 Aim, +41 Endurance

- 42 Defense, -31 Shield, -28 Absorb

Giving a RSV difference of -69.01. However, that's a lot of Endurance that I could gain as well...Where should that fit in the stat priority? Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Nimaothar

In that particular scenario, the defense, shield and absorb gained tends to be better than than the lost armor, endurance and aim.

For the other slots (boots/gloves/legs/feet) I tend to recommend the Columi pieces, since you can mod the Accuracy off of them, get the 4-piece set bonus (which is actually quite good), and still maintain comparable defensive stats.

Can you explain the 2% defense bonus further? Is that approximately equal to 100 or so defense rating?

Looking at the legs, going for veracity vs. Columi (AFTER I finish fighting with juggernauts for their gear just for the enhancements...)

+72 Armor, +53 Aim, +41 Endurance, +7 Shield

-38 Defense, -18 Absorb

RSV Difference of -25.7...

Is there something I am not thinking about in the equation?