The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Champion PvP set for Shieldtech

WickedLordJasper

I just reached level 50, and I a starting to put together my Champion set for PvP. I am currently a Shieldtech specced for PvE, although I could change my build. My question is: assuming I want to stay Shieldtech, what is the best Champion set for me to get, in your opinion? There are essentially two: one which stresses defense, and one which offers slightly more offense. My current problem is that my offense is so weak, there isn't much for me to do in disorganized PUGs except die. In people's opinion, do you think it would be more fun/effective to try and get the offensive set so I can get a few kills, or stick with my strengths and keep to guarding people?

And of course, I realize this is a subjective question. At the end of the day, I don't need to top the charts, I just don't want to feel useless.

Grab Eliminator's. Defensive stats that do you wonders in PvE don't really offer much in PvP. The Combat Tech's 2pc does not actually make Carbonize better as it is currently bugged. Carbonize will stop working instead so really your only choice at this moment is Eliminators.

SC if you combine your skills with a healer. I can score consistently over 130k protection my record standing at 220k protection. You will be a very powerful combo and the sustained damage and tanking from both classes finish people off too.

I you are not with a healer you want to have the tech set as that one gives you a strong rocketpunch. The two set piece ruins carbonize which is quite bad, but lets assume bioware fixes that in a patch do you still want that eliminator set?

Bioware fix this it should be very easy to fix or just gives a diff set bonus...