The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech PvE builds specifically for raiding?

Kamikaze

I've just started leveling a BH. I've already decided I'm going Powertech because my raid group already has two Mercs, and having a Taunt is something I want.

I'm looking for a build with good, sustainable DPS for those long boss fights. Some survivability wouldn't be too bad either for fights like Jarg & Sorno that can utilize an off-tank, but I realize that may not be feasible if I want to put out good DPS numbers too.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Pyrotech is the way to go for PvE, which is unfortunate because AP's flamethrower is awesome.

Edited by Kamikaze

I've just started leveling a BH. I've already decided I'm going Powertech because my raid group already has two Mercs, and having a Taunt is something I want.

I'm looking for a build with good, sustainable DPS for those long boss fights. Some survivability wouldn't be too bad either for fights like Jarg & Sorno that can utilize an off-tank, but I realize that may not be feasible if I want to put out good DPS numbers too.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Pyrotech is the way to go for PvE, which is unfortunate because AP's flamethrower is awesome.

Pyrotech IS NOT GOOD for PvE. It's a pvp based skill tree with great burst damage but horrible heat management. Go for Advanced prototype. It has decent damage, good utility and heat management. You won't have a problem with any boss battle.

For PyroTech it seems straightforward enough:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMcZfhrrzGhMs.1

This maximizes fire and Rail Shot damage and gives you some utility abilities that may be useful in certain fights. You can also take out one point from Rail Loaders and place it into Prototype Cylinders for the 3% Tech crit chance instead.

For AP:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZRsMrRrfk0sZb.1

This maximizes damage for AP (1 free point, I put it into Electro Surge but Kolto Vents works too) which means maximizing fire, Rail Shot, and Rocket Punch damage.

Pyrotech IS NOT GOOD for PvE. It's a pvp based skill tree with great burst damage but horrible heat management. Go for Advanced prototype. It has decent damage, good utility and heat management. You won't have a problem with any boss battle.

lol are you kidding? Pyrotech's heat is easy to manage if you pay attention and know what you're doing. And I feel pyrotech does more damage then ap in pie.