The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

armormech for PT?

corjoad

Just rolled up a BH and plan on making him a tech. For crew skill I'm leading toward armormech. Two questions....is the gear you can make decent, and does it look cool? Thanks for any advice. If I didn't go armormech I guess I could do cybertech or maybe armstech. No interest in biochem.

I went cybertech on my Powertech.

Since I acquired a near full set of orange gear in my level 20s, I've been able to use what I make via cybertech to keep it up to date. Spent less mats doing so, then it would have taken to constantly be making new gear every 2-4 levels and re-engineering to try and learn the better (blue/purple) versions of the new gear.

IMO...

Armstech, Armortech & Synthweaving are not very good crafting skills to have if you want to have upgrades for yourself. Because, you'll end up outleveling what you can make for yourself. But, it's good for gearing up alts or friends after you max'd level it.

Edited by Quiet

I'm an armormech on my sniper. It was great for making my own gear. It's not difficult to keep your crafting well beyond your level which gives you time to RE stuff. I'd pick a few pieces based on my worst gear, go a few levels ahead and start crafting/RE'ing gear. Depending on how hard it is to find augs a critically crafted blue will be as good as a purple, of course you could get a crit purple too.

I rarely found a mission that replaced gear I had crafted for myself with mats I gathered myself.