Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Medals for Marauders/Sentinels

Deviltreh

You realise that a Heal Specced sorc will normally get around 3/5 medals in the average warzone? Their DPS isn't enough to drop anything. Whilst they can get more if well played (focus on damaging etc) just insta'ing every target they see and aoe'ing clumps for 300 damage just to get dps on them for the kill count etc.

If you did some research, you would also find out that you can get 2.5k and 5k heal medals on a Marauder or on any class......

Exploits are clearly a valid gameplay mechanics................ Not to mention DPS with taunt skills are getting 5 extra medals, lol.

Anyways, a good point. Healers get less medals than DPS with healing specs. Medal system is flawed...

Edited by Deviltreh

• 3 weeks later...
You realise that a Heal Specced sorc will normally get around 3/5 medals in the average warzone? Their DPS isn't enough to drop anything. Whilst they can get more if well played (focus on damaging etc) just insta'ing every target they see and aoe'ing clumps for 300 damage just to get dps on them for the kill count etc.

If you did some research, you would also find out that you can get 2.5k and 5k heal medals on a Marauder or on any class......

What sorc/sage specs 31 Corruption/Seer (or 31 in any tree for that matter) for PvP? Every sorc/sage with half a brain will realize that sorc's and sage's talent trees are bottom heavy, ie they gain more from going a hybrid spec. Most sorcs and sages run a hybrid spec with Madness/Corruption or Balance/Seer. That way they can easily get 2.5k heal medal, 5k heal medal, 75k healing, 2,5k single hit, 300k dmg. Most "good" sorcs i see get around 10-11 medals for just spamming force lightning or telekinetic throw. Doesn't really feel fair imo.

Marauders do get shafted in medals. I can run out as a tank class, throw a guard on a teammate being focussed down, and I'll receive 3 medals in about 6 seconds (2k, 5k, 10k defense in one life).

After Killing Blow, 75k Damage, 10 & 25Kills, I'm already sitting at 7 medals. It is extremely easy to get those 4 medals as any class.

For a Marauder to get the same amount of medals as the above, they've got to work at it the entire match, and even then there's no guarantee they'll reach 7.

There are a bunch of objective medals coming in patch 1.2 though, so that should help boost the Valor gains from medals... unless that gets a nerf due to the increased attainable medals.

Edited by jcyrus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.