Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New to Gunnery; could use a bit of help

Raani

I've played strictly Medic so far, but I need to do a bit of solo-farming and I switched to Gunnery for a bit. It seems like a ton of fun and I definitely want to keep playing it every now and then, so I started putting together a DPS set.

It's nothing fancy, just an orange set with mods/enhancements from dailies, but I'd like to check that I'm choosing the right ones.

So far, I went with the Aim/Crit mods and Crit/Surge enhancements. My Crit is at about 31% and my Surge is at 80% (total). I also stuck a Crit crystal in my gun, instead of the Power crystal, since with Armor Piercing Cell on, I don't get the 3% free Crit anymore.

I have 3 pieces left to mod, and I was wondering if I should stick with the aforementioned items, or if I should mix in some Power/Accuracy enhancements. While my Accuracy is still low, I have a few other pieces to replace which should get me hit-capped, so my question is mostly about Power vs Crit. Around what Crit percentage do you stop actively stacking it and focus on Power?

Also, should I make the DPS Matrix Cube and wear the two cubes (if that's even possible), or should I go Cube + Clicky trinket? Which clicky do you normally choose - the Power one or the Crit/Surge one?

Loads of questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't made a matrix cube but I definitely should. I keep the power clicky trinket and use it in combination with the crit adrenal for Burn Phases on hard stuff.

Your mods sound about right though I'd mix in some acute enhancements (crit and accuracy) as well. Assuming your cannon is moddable, I'd go with 3 pieces with crit/surge, 3 with crit/accuracy until you get some columni pieces where power will also get mixed in. 80% surge is more than enough.

Another good source of accuracy/crit is decent implants, earpiece, and generator.

All off the top of my head, but sounds like you're on the right course.

Thanks much for the reply.

I think the only DPS options for enhancements from dailies are crit/surge and power/accuracy, so I guess I'll take the power/accuracy for the remaining 3.

I'm not planning to do anything serious as Gunnery - just dailies and farming, since I prefer healing for HMs/ops, but it's nice for soloing. I just had to put together a different set because all the Alacrity I have on my healing gear felt pretty horrible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.