Operative pvp question

evilharb

I took the dive a few weeks ago and gave pvp a go - I have to admit I'm quite enjoying it. So I get killed most times...meh...it's only to be expected. But I am starting to get a bit more used to each time I try it.

One thing I could use some advice on from the more experenced players out is there what to do with the commendations. I was told just to grind them out, exchange them for the mercenrary commendations and work towards having enough for the mege pvp bags you can get (I have one in my storage and enough for 3 more right now) for when I hit level 50. The confusing thing is this: I've seen lots of chat from various people suggesting grinding for the level 46 weapons and maybe extracting certain add-ons from them - not sure if that was myabe for another specific class - maybe Jedi - but for any level 50 pvp Operatives out there, what would you suggest doing? I noticed on the pvp vendors there are several different class types of gear to get - looked like I either lose some accuracy or critical rating though (not sure which is preferable) - but what do you folks suggest going for? I think that once I hit level 50 it gets a bit easier to get the higher commendation types, but all I want to just get some decent gear, round the character out and jjst have fun running around like a deranged thing getting the occasional well placed kill :)

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know...I totally gave up on pvp in WoW - hated it with a passion - but the SWTOR version seems a lot of fun.

Thanks in advance for any help received.

I'm not keeping up too much on the patch notes, but it seems like they are going to up the amount of centurion commendations you get in champion bags. It might be worth it to save all the commendations for when you hit 50, so you can grab a bunch of centurion gear.

What level are you now?

Edited by Niaoru

Am within touching distance of level 49 - as I said right now I have 1 purple/epic bag paid for with mercanary commendations in my storage and enough for 3 more (will only take a few hours to get the ammount for 4 more bags). From what I'm told there are these uber/centurion comms in the bags and gear aswell...not sure if that's correct though. What is in them normally?

Am within touching distance of level 49 - as I said right now I have 1 purple/epic bag paid for with mercanary commendations in my storage and enough for 3 more (will only take a few hours to get the ammount for 4 more bags). From what I'm told there are these uber/centurion comms in the bags and gear aswell...not sure if that's correct though. What is in them normally?

at that level just save the merc comms for more bags of *** at 50

Normally they only have a few cent tokens, and a rare chance at a piece of champion quality loot.

After the patch, they're going to give more cent tokens than now, so u can buy centurion gear faster... But instead of random chance at random champion loot, they'll have a small amount of champion tokens u can render for champion loot of your choosing.

Normally they only have a few cent tokens, and a rare chance at a piece of champion quality loot.

After the patch, they're going to give more cent tokens than now, so u can buy centurion gear faster... But instead of random chance at random champion loot, they'll have a small amount of champion tokens u can render for champion loot of your choosing.

Oh, I was unaware of that. Definitely save for the bags then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.