I feel completely removed from my own progress in pvp

jeffsmith

All of the rewards as I progress are random. I've got a duplicate pvp belt and a duplicate pvp chest piece gathering dust, given to me by random, invisible dice rolls.

All of my progress is dependent on the success of 7 other random people, unless I'm lucky enough to be in a guild that does regular premades. My own personal ability contibutes to the success of a wz, but if I am put, again by completely random chance, into a group with 7 people who aren't good enough to win then I have no control over how things turn out.

In short, personal achievement and choice have been completely removed from the pvp experience. All that's left is a random, frustrating grind.

i found myself being a significant factor of bringing my "bad" team to a close win over a stronger team sometimes. i wouldnt say the effort of one does not show.

and remember: you get rewarded personally for personal efforts in many (not all) ways. meaning if you really try to make the best out of the game you often get more medals than your bad teammates. depends on class a little.

i collected some screenshots of losing games where i top the charts in damage/protection and medals, then have the enemy team and below my whole team. happens. yet i got a considerable high amount of valor in such games, and usually some mvp votes as well.