Pyro PVE

Rorgarn

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone is actually raiding as pyrotech spec and if it's viable for endgame content. I understand that a lot of people are arsenal for it, but I think pyrotech seems to be more fun for me. Any comments?

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone is actually raiding as pyrotech spec and if it's viable for endgame content. I understand that a lot of people are arsenal for it, but I think pyrotech seems to be more fun for me. Any comments?

im currently raiding as pyro. i get some comments from guildies that i should be arsenal but what most people fail to realize is that tracer missile debuff does not stack with other tracer missles, or rather there is only one stack (of 5) no matter how many ppl are spamming tracer. so in reality you only need 1 per raid group. maybe 2 in a 16man.

many ppl dont understand how pyro plays and say its terrible, well 1/3 of my rapid shots hit for 1k+ and i only have 2 rakata pieces(not to mention the crit ticks of combustable rounds). now imagine how much other abilites crit for ;)

its burst dps, not stable. rail shot can hit for 6k or it can hit for 2k, but then again it hits the same time td goes off and thats a good 7k-12k at once while im setting up for another railshot about to follow up and reducing my heat.

Edited by SamuraiCrazy

There is no encounter yet in SWTor that requires every spark of dps available in the game.

Gear, consumables, rotation and hardware are more important than your skill tree atm.

Pyro has some problems in encounters that prefer longrange dps and excells in situations that require a lot of mevement.

There is no encounter yet in SWTor that requires every spark of dps available in the game.

Gear, consumables, rotation and hardware are more important than your skill tree atm.

Pyro has some problems in encounters that prefer longrange dps and excells in situations that require a lot of movement.

well that depends if you're talking about merc or powertech. im a merc so all i do is ranged unless required to stack on a mob/boss.

Pyro has some problems in encounters that prefer longrange dps and excells in situations that require a lot of mevement.

Depends where you're at in the game. We struggled with Bonethrasher on hardmode because A. he hit so hard and B. because the DPS wasn't good enough. and we hit the enrage timer. I honestly believe its situation specific. Sometimes you need the extra DPS, other times you don't. Jard/Sorno where easy as pie after that.

I heard you're not supposed to tank/get hit by Bonethrasher btw! ^^ lol..

Anyway.. Pyro has good burst and even better mobility, but it's not really close to the consistent dps arsenal can perform.

Pyro is also ravaged by heat where as merc is more forgiving.

Moving out of crosshairs on the ground, pull-ins and changing platforms to delay a cast or two every now and then isn't really too bad (In PVE).

So mobility isn't all that awesomely needed for PVE, PVP on the other hand it's <3

PVE: Arsenal.

PVP: Arsenal or Pyro.

From a mercenary dps point of view, that is.

i get some comments from guildies that i should be arsenal but what most people fail to realize is that tracer missile debuff does not stack with other tracer missles, or rather there is only one stack (of 5) no matter how many ppl are spamming tracer. so in reality you only need 1 per raid group. maybe 2 in a 16man.

Wrong. The debuff does not stack, but multiple mercs can apply it on the debuff bar and it DOES effect Heatseeking Missile. 2-3 Mercs in a raid and if your gear is worth a **** you'll start seeing 8-10k crits.

Edited by Jodou

I heard you're not supposed to tank/get hit by Bonethrasher btw! ^^ lol...

Honestly on HM we spread around the room and let him hit you, since if you're running around and have people in the wrong position for his swipe people die VERY fast.

So we just stand there take the hit and let the healers heal us up without a loss in dps.