Blitz in PvP

Kinetixx

So after getting blitz I went into a BG to try a few things out, at which point I quickly realized that Blitz is unusable at any stage whether the target be Frozen (My own cryo grenade), feared, stunned etc. Nothing allows this ability to be used.

Is this the intended use for this ability?

Every class gets a PvE only damage skill around level 28. Troopers get Blitz, jedi knights get Opportune Strike, jedi consulars get Tumult and smugglers get Cheapshot and Headshot, which share a CD. Mirror classes have their versions as well.

They need to fundamentally rethink these abilities across the board. I've never seen Headshot light up for my Sniper, EVER, and given that the only time I'd find a free attack useful against a mob I can incapacitate would be mobs it doesn't work on, as soon as I have something better I'm replacing my Vanguard's equivalent.

I can see it being more helpful in groups. Finishing off trash knocked down from a sticky or mortar volley. A bit of extra threat on a CCed mob for the tank.

As a commando the range makes it more difficult. The main use I can see is having elara CC a strong mob that trying to melee her so I can blitz then knock him back.