The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

26/10/5 - The "Imbalanced Server" build

ZeusThunder

This build is meant for those on an imbalanced server who play Huttball 90% of the time and are interested in being the primary ball carrier

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fe4de3f3e6fe3fef11ef4ef4ef11:

It maximizes your PvP damage mitigation while reducing the CD on grapple and electro dart.

Your main "attack" will be pulling people into flame hazards.

I would go something like this instead.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GoGMbMrRMZbsbroZb.1

The DoT from Ion gas doesn't do a whole lot of damage, the tool tip is pretty misleading in this regard and it's a smart move to not grab Supercharged Ion Gas. Due to shielding not being as effective in PvP, I'd suggest taking Ablative Upgrades over Shield Vent as it reduces the cool down on one of your survival skills. Also since we're going for max durability, I have points in Rebraced Armor. While it doesn't mitigate several damage types, armor currently is in a much better place compared to shielding in PvP.

To keep them rail shots coming in, you need a reliable way to DoT people up outside of Rocket Punch. DoTs prevent people from capping objectives too and imo is a must have ability for any Powertech hence I picked up retractable blade. This setup also allows you to squeeze two points into Flame Surge making you hit even harder!

Lastly I picked up Hitman over a 3% endurance increase, I figure the better you're able to shut down those casters/healers, the more wonders you can do for your team. Yes a 6s kick is ridiculously amazing.

Jet speed is something I personally found unnecessary in most situations as Jet Charge already immobilizes; but for the spirit of your build, I followed suit and left the points there.

Edited by Rykke

I would go something like this instead.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GoGMbMrRMZbsbroZb.1

The DoT from Ion gas doesn't do a whole lot of damage, the tool tip is pretty misleading in this regard and it's a smart move to not grab Supercharged Ion Gas. Due to shielding not being as effective in PvP, I'd suggest taking Ablative Upgrades over Shield Vent as it reduces the cool down on one of your survival skills. Also since we're going for max durability, I have points in Rebraced Armor. While it doesn't mitigate several damage types, armor currently is in a much better place compared to shielding in PvP.

To keep them rail shots coming in, you need a reliable way to DoT people up outside of Rocket Punch. DoTs prevent people from capping objectives too and imo is a must have ability for any Powertech hence I picked up retractable blade. This setup also allows you to squeeze two points into Flame Surge making you hit even harder!

Lastly I picked up Hitman over a 3% endurance increase, I figure the better you're able to shut down those casters/healers, the more wonders you can do for your team. Yes a 6s kick is ridiculously amazing.

Jet speed is something I personally found unnecessary in most situations as Jet Charge already immobilizes; but for the spirit of your build, I followed suit and left the points there.

I like this build a lot!

I wanted to chime in with my thoughts as well. I have been running a 26/13/2 being able to run the huttball and do a good enough of damage to get by.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::defe6f3de10f6ef4e2f4ef16

I found if you WZ all day the best thing a tank PT build has is the retractable blade ability to DoT everyone trying to cap points/doors/stealthers.

I found the 2 points into Jet Speed were wasted in my trials. Most of the time when I run the huttball, when I jump to someone moving fast for 4 seconds just isn't enough... within the first second I usually get stunned, pulled, or killed after that jump. I chose instead to jump -> carbonize -> run to the end instead and save those 2 points elsewhere.

I split the point into Shield Vents and Ablative Upgrades to get the best of both crappy worlds so to say. Kolto is decent enough to help top you off when you have a pocket healer and i guess the 3% absorb may one day kick in for you... since the Shield Vents can only proc once every 6 seconds it is fine that 25% will do enough.

The ten seconds of the CC ability, Hitman, and damage is a good place to argue what to do with the points. I ultimately found that I RARELY get to do back to back interrupts on caster/healers due to being knocked back, pulled, and cc'd. I don't need the CC ability more than I use it now... I tend to use it ONLY if it means life or death to prevent resolve of players becoming immune to any CCs. But every player is different... if you find yourself hugging healers all day hitman might be your thing.

My goal for the build I went with was to maximize team play as well as being able to rack in medals. I average about 7-8 medals a game with lows being 5(when I run the huttball) or highs @ 10(when the other side is not geared well). My damage can hit around 100k on average since I do so much ball running. I am able to be a force of flagging and defending the huttball as well as a clutch single man turret holder on Civil War.

Lastly I am use the Ion Gas and use the Combat Tech Armor pieces, Supercommando Shield, and Eliminator everything else to be a well rounded hybrid that can handle some 1on1s. I tend to pop relic, expertise pot, and fuel to be able to get the 2.5k damage badge... sadly I look at enemies HP to find the juiciest target :D

As anyone who has faced me on both sides of Huttball can tell you... I just play for the benefit of the team... outside of warzones, this build is not optimal... Hope this helps!