The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop the comparison already

Tsionus

This post is for all the people who want to compare TOR to “Insert your game here”….**** already and get over it. I am a MMORPG vet from the days of Meridian 59…way before Everquest came out. I played EQ, then EQII, WoW, GW, CoH, DCUO, and DAOC. I have some experience under my belt I think. Any way comparing this game to any other game is like comparing a Chevy to a BMW…it just doesn’t work that way. I remember when WoW (using cuz it seems to be the most compared to game) came out. Was a craptastic game once you got to lvl 50 and did the same thing over and over…run dungeon to get gear to raid. Raid to get gear to….RAID. Anyway..WoW is that way still. You use the LFG Tool to get a heroic group to get your gear over and over and over….so you can go raid to get gear to….raid some more for more gear. BW knows what they are doing..if they release a game from launch that was identical to the last 7 years of live play time of WoW…what would we have to look forward to? People would still complain about it because instead of doing the same repetitive thing in WoW that is ok because you have friends or a guild, you are doing it in ToR. I say give ToR the time it needs to get more content pushed out to us. It will come just like it did with WoW, EQ, EQII, CoH, and all the other games that helped lay the foundations of what MMORPG is today.

And for all the flamers that I know are going to post after this….go for it because I really don’t care what you have to say. If you think “Insert your game here” is better, then please do the rest of the ToR community a favor and ride your special mount back to that game and have a wonderful time playing and let us here enjoy our time here.

I like how you make a post asking people to stop comparing and then proceed to compare the game to WoW. :)

Hello!

We know it can be frustrating to see certain kinds of threads. However, we ask our members to refrain from focusing the discussion of the kinds of posts made by other members rather than on the game itself.

We will be closing this thread now. We encourage you to make posts that encourage game play-discussion and thank you for your cooperation!