For any DC fans

OmegaLantern

So I've been playing as a Sith Juggernaut as my main, and admittedly, since I have a ton of alts, I've only made it to about 25. But on Nar Shadaa, there is an NPC called 'The Flame', who bears quite a striking resemblence to Atrocitus, the Red Lantern.

First, we'll talk about Atrocitus, who is an up-and-coming major character in the DC Universe. Once part of the Five Inversions, Atrocitus is a Ryutian whose entire race was killed and planet burned to ash by the Manhunters, the first major police force of the Guardians of the Universe. This genocide was not exclusive to Ryut, and was later referred to as the Massacre of Sector 666.

As such, he and the Five Inversions were banished to the planet Ysmault, after declaring war on the Guardians, the Manhunters and the Green Lantern Corps. Eventually, Atrocitus decided he needed mroe power to compete against the Guardians. He gained control over the Red Light of Rage and used it to recruit his Red Lantern Corps. Using the Light of Rage, Red Lanterns power rings as well as the members themselves are able to spew a red napalm-like substance, which then takes on the form of pure red fire that cannot be doused by water and is able to burn in the vacuum of space.

Now, we look at the Flame. Like Atrocitus, his race and his family were killed to near extiction by the Sith Empire, and he too swore revenge on the group of beings that had power that easily eclipsed his own. So he trained to become a deadlier enemy for the empire and joined his own group, the Exchange if I remember correctly.

And to wrap it up, Atrocitus and the Flame actually look a LOT alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocitus

http://www.torhead.com/npc/9ZNYvuE/the-flame

While Atrocitus later became somewhat of an anti-hero, and the Flame could either be killed or convinced to leave nar Shadaa, it's easy to see that there may be some comic fans in the SW:TOR writing team.

I just thought it was a cool reference and wanted to share it.