Combat Medic?

StrykeHard

hi,

i plan to go Combat Medic.

any comments on the value of Bacti Infusion (the very top skill) versus Incendiary Round in the Assault tree?

If i go all the way to the top of the Medic tree, not enough points to get to Incendiary Round in the Assault tree.

Comments on the value of either direction here? is Bacti Infusion SOOO much more beneficial than Incendiary Round?

I was thinking to add DPS/ Utility in PvP Warzones with the fire DoT of Incendiary Round, while still being able to heal my team.

note... i am only level 16 atm.

BI may not heal as much as a Medical Probe. But it's instant and it's free

Maybe it's not much if you read it, but has a great impact on the field. You may be mid casting when you see someone needing a quick patch, you can finish the cast and insta heal your friend. Also, it's a full GCD of ammo regen.

If you want to do Damage, I suggest Charged Bolts =)

I find its best use is for people on the verge of death in pvp, hit them with BI pop a trauma probe on them then amp->mp. With just amp->mp sometimes they die before you can get the heal off, so yea it can mean the difference between life and death sometimes.

It is also the only instant heal you have that doesn't paint a giant green beam telling every Sith player to kill you.

The Guide was written directed towards endgame PvE, since I don't PvP, so I can't say much more than that. Clearly you are looking to PvP as a combat medic, and instant abilities are always good in a PvP setting since they cannot be interrupted.

Instead of branching too far into Assault spec, i maxed out combat medic to get Bacta Infusion, but went down gunnery so that i can get Muzzle Fluting on the 2nd tier.

this reduces charged bolt and full auto by 1 ammo so when you use hammer shot on friends or allies, along with Medical Probe (with Combat medic 2nd tier talent gives it 6 combat support cells) you can pop Supercharge Cell and have free cost Charged Bolts.

concentrate on healing. if not, spam the skills to lower ammo count/build SSC, then pop it. spam charged bolts, in which time you would of recharged some ammo so you can continue to cast and deal more damage.

with this i tend to have no problems easily getting demolisher and damage dealing medals in pvp.

altogether, i would say im more happy with this than getting rid of BI for another attack

Going full 31 pts would be great if they added something maybe to Armor Screen that allows you to use charged Bolts with a Rifle.

If i run around with a Rifle im less obvious as a medic, and i get targetted less often oddly.

Of course if the green beam of "Shoot me NAO!" is used all bets are off.

As for 31/10 vs 21/XX, i liked the hybrid spec a lot, i went down the Gunnery tree, i got grav surge. 10 seconds off of conc charge and grav round was great, as i run around with a rifle and it allows me to deal a decent amount of damage if i need to.

Right now im running 31pts and have the bacta talent. Its cool having an instant cast heal but its a bit of a let down, couple of reasons.

The animation lasts for about 3 seconds and yet does 1 burst of heal approx the same as MP.

21 Second CD

Heal is on a wider scale than MP (Lower bottom end higher top end), so has a decent chance to be a worse heal.

I tried both hybrid and full heal spec, mainly in PVP.

To me overall the full heal one is more efficient.

Bacta does not heal for an enormous amount, but it provides free burst healing. Burst is invaluable in PVP. And as said before the better you can heal the more you can DPS. It is really true, having a free heal saves ammo for DPS, and ammo are the main limitation of both our heal and dps capabilities (the main use of threes is to lower the cost ammo of abilities)

It depends on the situation but typically I switch between heal mode, building charges, and charged bolt spam when supercharged, rebuilding ammo. This flow seems to work well, and is more difficult to achieve if one use grav round (not free, does not build charges).

So to me the real benefice of going 17 gunnery is not really grav round, but mainly the reduced cooldown on bump, and the -10% damages taken. This last one is very good actually because of its additive aspect (easy to have 45+ % armor in hybryd spec, not counting our shied or ssc buff).

However, I would prefer be a more effective healer, which leads me begin guarded more often (because the tank don't die)