Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can't decide AC

DarthDavros

Powertech=Tank,DPS They are based more on their armor specialties (Flamethrower,Rocket Punch, any other close range abilities. They are really a close range AC with a pistol. In PVE you will probably want Mako for the heals so you can pull for a long while before healing

Mercenary=Heals,DPS Mid-Long Range Blaster dual wielder I cant really say much about the Mercs though cause I honestly have not tried one past 15 but I know they can dish out dmg pretty good but dont take it too well for being heavy armor but Mako can help you by healing

Aside from the heal/tank debate, the kicker for me is whether you want to DPS in melee range or at range.

I raided for years in another MMO and found that I couldn't see the action as well while in melee and prefer to DPS from a distance. That was the primary factor in my decision to go Merc/Arsenal.

Edited by Omnomm

As an Arsenal Merc with Mako, I can DPS multiple targets in seconds, in PvE. Health never drops below 75% or so with Mako in healing stance. Only thing that gives me pause to consider are high DPS Elites, such as War Droids.

So given that, I'd of course recommend playing a Merc :D, but if you do consider it, remember that an Arsenal Merc is a weapons platform, little mobility until you can get your 5 heat signatures stacked (reduces armor). And even then, you have to pause to keep those 5 stacked.

Pyrotech is much more mobile with equivalent DPS output.

Haven't played a Powertech, but from all the anecdotes I've read here, they have comparable DPS if specced for it and of course much better survivability.

If you're looking for something that plays well in both endgame PvE AND PvP, I'd probably recommend Powertech.

But then again, just play what you think is fun and are comfortable with. I've seen players with very unique specs, playing classes differently than intended, and succeed because they knew their class and were comfortable with their style of playing. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.