The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling Mainly with PvP

Crazysithslayer

I'm currently leveling up as ST but I don't think i can rerun the missions over and over since this a 3rd alt. I'm currently level 19 on Balmorra and I'm thinking of playing solely PvP+class quest and some side heroics here and there for exp and some gear. What build do you think would be better? a Pyro setup? or stick with my ST? Edited by Crazysithslayer

Personally I'd stick with Shield Tech till 27 then go Pyro, you can fill out Prototype Particle Accelerator skill then which is the heart of a Pyro build. Tanks (or any Powertech really) can get an easy 4 medals just from guarding and taunts and the extra bit of survivability will help.

Or you just keep with Shield Tech till 30 for Jet Charge and then start building up Pyro. Lower level players guarding and taunting, covering the healers or high dps, can often make more of a contribution then their DPS, the margin of DPS difference between any spec before 20 is small.

Tank stat gear is lacklustre in PvP, just build a DPS focused set (with Shield Generator) then you can swap between the specs. Since it's your 3rd Alt guessing you may have some credits lying around, so keeping mods up for your 20 and 40 PvP reward armour and items won't be hard. Best profession for PvP is Biochem, reusable medpacks etc make a big difference, especially if tanking.

Since you will be PvPing a lot remember the cap for commendations is 1000, so convert them to Mercenary if you are close to cap, you'll want them capped to when you hit 50.

Edited by Astares