The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

8/8/25 The Immolation Build

apnixx

So I was playing with my build in pvp a bit and came up with this, it does well, I'm not sure if it does better then a straight Pyro cookie cutter build but I'm enjoying this, comments? concerns?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfhrbzGhM.1

Basicly I realized I was using alot of flame burst so I set up this spec to monopolize on that with the railshots and rocket punch.

I would lose the +9% aim in shieldtech tree and just go up to retractable blade. The 9% aim really isn't going to increase your damage that much, and retractable blade will give you a good melee attack. I may actually try this build with this modification.

I think I see your issue. Does anyone know at what point Aim begins giving diminishing returns? I'm running a full pyro build, and honestly I think the extra 3% tech crit from the second-to-last tier in pyro and increased DoT on weaker targets is better for your DPS than the 9% extra aim. (its the same philosophy that has you gearing for crit and surge rather than power)

See I was looking at that talent and the way I look at it I dont loose the tech crit cause I pick that up for one point in the AP tree, so all I loose is the dot dmg on targets under 30% I really dont consider that as useful. I wish we had dps meters so I could test for sure, its all theory unfortunatly.

I really wish there was a way to parse it but when playing both of those spec's I still feel like the build performs better with the bonus to flame burst and the extra aim Edited by apnixx